Associate Director of Admissions Recruitment
Salary: $75,400 - $111,900
Title: Associate Director of Admissions Recruitment
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Date Posted: 05/08/2018
Position Information: In concert with the Director of Undergraduate Admissions, the Associate Director is responsible to develop an annual strategic plan in line with Enrollment Services and the campus strategic plans to meet freshman, transfer and non-resident enrollment objectives. The Associate Director manages and oversees the recruitment and evaluation for prospective students, applicants, and new and continuing students. Responsibilities include: personnel, budget and resource management specific to the recruitment and application evaluation units, implementation of policies and procedures to enhance and/or improve recruitment application evaluation and yield program development, and development of annual recruitment plans and evaluation timelines and deadlines.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge of organizational development strategies and practice.
Advanced knowledge of education theory, policy, practice, and evaluation.
Ability to interpret data and information from a variety of sources and formats.
Demonstrated skill in training, supervising, and evaluating the performance of assigned personnel.
Ability developing long and short-term budget projections.
Demonstrated skill in conceptualizing, planning, and implementing recruitment and yield activities.
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively and professionally communicate using tact and diplomacy with both internal and external campus community including international visitors.
Preferred Qualifications: Significant knowledge of UC's Colleges, Schools and departmental transfer policies.
Significant knowledge regarding UC's Colleges/schools general education policies and requisite transfer preparation.
Significant knowledge of the goals and mission of the University as they relate to academic preparation, recruitment, and advanced-standing admission.
Advanced knowledge of fiscal management policies and practices and University personnel management policies and practices.
Demonstrated management skills in higher education in Undergraduate Admissions and recruitment.
Skill developing strategic plans and Key Performance Indicators.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview