Research Specialist I (Lab)
Requisition # 2018-8752
Department Princeton Neuroscience Inst
Category Research and Laboratory
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Princeton Neuroscience Institute has a Research Specialist I position available with Professor Ilana Witten. The successful applicant will be energetic, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with at least 2 years of experience in a wet lab research setting. Familiarity with Matlab, Python or R for data analysis is ideal. Applications should include a cover letter, a CV, and a list of at least two potential referees. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
- Responsibilities include training mice and rats on behavioral tasks, performing optogenetic experiments, and histological analysis of brain tissue.
- The possibility of contributing to cellular-resolution imaging experiments exists as well.
- The research specialist will collaborate with graduate students or postdoctoral research fellows in the lab to understand the neural circuits underlying reward-related behaviors.
- A bachelors degree or equivalent in neuroscience, biology, engineering or a related field is required.
- Research experience involving neuroscience methods is preferred.
- The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.