Job Summary/Basic Function
Maryville University is accepting applications for a full-time faculty position in Accounting. Tenure track or renewal term based on qualifications. The desired candidate will have the ability and willingness to teach foundational and advanced accounting at the undergraduate and graduate level in online and traditional face-to-face course settings, based on departmental needs. Additionally, the desired candidate will interact with local accounting and business professionals, develop curriculum, and assist with the growth of the existing accounting programs. The candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students.
• Master degree in accounting or master degree in a closely related business field
• Professional certification (CISA, CIA, CFE, CFF, CITP).
• Strong commitment to teaching excellence.
• Doctorate in Accounting or closely related business field.
• Attained CPA license
• College or university level teaching experience.
• Online teaching experience in higher education.
• Relevant, professional experience in accounting and auditing.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.