Temporary Facilities Labor Assistant
Temporary Facilities Labor Assistant
Position Number: 10059497, 10059495, 10059494
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 05/21/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Temporary Facilities Labor Assistant. The Labor Assistant will provide general maintenance assistance to campus Building, Landscape, and Mechanical Trades, to include assisting automotive, masonry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting, lawn maintenance, and carpentry trades.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Labor Assistant will:
- Provide basic support for maintenance work involving automotive repairs, roofing, HVAC, plumbing, painting, masonry, carpentry, cabinetry, drywall installation and repair, installation of suspended ceilings and/or lawn maintenance. Carry tools, ladders and other support equipment, cleaning up work sites, washing cars, painting, pulling weeds, picking up trash, cleaning AC coils, pressure washing and other hands on task.
- Maintain tools and equipment needed to perform work.
- Perform shop and mechanical room clean-up tasks.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have general knowledge of maintenance, basic construction, and lawn maintenance.
- Knowledge of safety practices.
- Ability to perform physical labor to include but not limited to lifting, pushing/pulling objects up to 50 pounds, climbing and working from ladders and lifts and performing manual labor tasks for extended periods.
- Ability to safely use powered equipment to include hand tools, weed eaters, blowers, and small lawn mowers. .
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Work history will be considered.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.