Part-time Payroll Assistant
Part-time Payroll Assistant
Position Number: 10059462
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Dahlonega
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Payroll Assistant. The Payroll Assistant is a part-time position scheduled on as a needed basis to 19 hours per week. The primary duties of the position will providing administrative support to the Office of Payroll and other related duties as assigned.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Part Time Payroll Assistant:
- Provide support and assistance for all facets of timekeeping and payroll processing in an automated system; complete, verify, and process forms, such as direct deposits and Federal & State tax forms.
- Answer employee/manger questions accurately while maintaining confidentiality of employee data.
- Administrative functions performed may include: data entry, copying, scanning developing routine correspondence and filing with strong attention to detail.
- Process ad hoc reports daily using HCM and PeopleSoft systems.
- Serve as first line contact for the payroll office
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Communicate with employee/manager concerning incomplete time and unapproved leave time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook products
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adhere to and meet strict deadlines.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma required. Associate's degree in accounting, finance or related field preferred.
- Preferably some office experience.
Anticipated Hire Date: 05/21/2018
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.