Director, Institutional Compliance
Requisition Number STA - 201000000594
Job Title Director, Institutional Compliance
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Director, Institutional Compliance.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
This position is responsible for creating, maintaining and coordinating the implementation of a university-wide compliance program, including creation of policies, and procedures, to ensure best practices and compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations for the University of North Texas at Dallas (UNT Dallas) and University of North Texas System Administration (UNT System), but not the University of North Texas (UNT) or the University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC). The position will also manage the Records Retention program for UNT Dallas and UNT System administration (not UNT or UNTHSC).
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes and chairs a University Compliance Committee and provides leadership for the university compliance function by giving specific guidance to management, professional staff, and individual departments as appropriate.
- Develops, coordinates, and participates in a multifaceted educational and training program that focuses on the elements of the compliance program.
- Seeks to ensure that all appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of, and comply with, pertinent federal and state standards.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a system for confidential reporting and investigation of compliance concerns with an appropriate response process.
- Coordinates an external compliance reporting system (toll free hot line) allowing for anonymous compliance reporting.
- Manages the Records Retention program for UNT Dallas and the UNT System administration
- Collaborates across the UNT System with compliance, audit, OGC, and others.
- May make presentations to the Board of Regents.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and at least three years of experience in compliance or related areas such as risk management or equal employment opportunity.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Understanding of state and federal laws related to compliance issues affecting institutions of higher education or non-profit organizations including matters related to research and sports.
- A demonstrated track record of effectively implementing compliance controls and solving problems
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Personal traits of a high level of integrity, team orientation, professionalism, and trustworthiness. Places a high value on ethical standards and treating others with dignity and respect.
- Working knowledge of major functional administrative areas within the University
- Experience in conducting training in various areas of law.
- Working knowledge of automated systems and the ability to effectively utilize information technology to develop reports.
- An understanding of higher education and the academic environment, both at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with governmental agencies, business, and industry.
- A leadership style that emphasizes collaboration and facilitation.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher?
- * Do you have at least three years of experience in compliance or related areas such as risk management or equal employment opportunity?
- Cover Letter