Clinical Placement Coordinator
Functional Title Clinical Placement Coordinator
Position Type Staff
The UNCG School of Nursing is a learner-centered community preparing nurse generalists, advanced practice nurses, educator and researchers to make a difference in the lives of individuals, families, populations and communities. The School of Nursing values innovation, engagement, scholarship, leadership, diversity, interprofessional care and healthy role models.
Major duties and responsibilities included for the Clinical Placement Coordinator for undergraduate programs:
- Secures appropriate type, number and location of clinical placement sites for students enrolled in undergraduate programs
- Manages student compliance with agency requirements for health and safety education regulations (e.g. OSHA, HIPAA requirements) under direction of Associate Deans and/or program directors
- Facilitates negotiation of contracts between agency attorneys and university counsel and Associate Deans and/or program directors
- Collaborates with faculty and Associate Deans in completing reports related to the clinical experiences of undergraduate students
- Maintains databases of clinical sites, preceptors, student clinical records and health care agency contracts
Minimum of 2 years experience in health care setting and/or academia. Experience with database software and excellent computer skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) experience working in teams and meeting deadlines, excellent attention to detail and accuracy of work. Must provide own transportation.
Preferred Master's degree in health and human science or other related field.
Recruitment Range $50,000 - $56,732
Org #-Department Dean's Office, School of Nursing - 12801
Job Open Date 05/08/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu