American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Monitors students during test sessions to ensure a secure testing environment
- Assists in the distribution and collection of test material
- Checks ID before testing and seats examinees for testing
- Reports suspected irregularities to supervisor
- Controls admission to and from the testing room
- Assures testing protocols of faculty syllabi are enforced (i.e. use of technology, notes, textbooks, etc.)
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's degree
- Preferred Degree(s): Bachelor's in Education/Special Education
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Special Education
- Preferred Training/Cert: Prior work with students and/or in the disabilities field
- Ability to work a flexible and variable schedule (Hours will vary, and may be as early as 7:30 AM and after 5:00 PM if necessary)
- Understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures
- Ability to read exams if testing accommodation requires a reader
- Punctuality and consistency
- Ability to work well in a diverse community
This is a part time, non-exempt position. Weekly hours vary due to need but are less than 29 hours per week. Hours of work are flexible to the needs of the department. This is a non-benefit eligible position
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.