Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instruct/Facilitate healthcare simulation scenarios and debriefings that meet required learning objectives for various learners.
- Develop patient simulation scenarios or case studies that are evidence based and meet learning objectives set by University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies faculty.
- Develop, implement and evaluate external simulation-based education courses to meet the learner needs of various client groups.
- Organize and evaluate simulation scenarios and case studies ensuring they are validated, current, and supported by literature.
- Maintain and update simulation instructor manuals for courses, special programs and course assessment, and evaluation materials.
- Provide orientation to faculty members, clinical instructor, and other simulation personnel in the delivery of simulation instruction.
- Provide orientation to students and participants on the use of all simulators and the environment as required.
- Supervises the clinical skills learning lab and simulation spaces to include:
- Assuring a safe learning environment
- Ensuring appropriate equipment is available for each scheduled program
- Submit order requests for supplies and equipment as needed
- Maintain the learning lab environment, equipment and supplies to meet the needs of students, faculty and course participants.
- Instructs in the clinical skills and simulation sessions of the academic programs, external course offerings, and faculty or staff development courses.
- Integrates, implements, and facilitates the use of patient simulation scenarios, augmented and virtual reality programs, computer-based learning systems, problem-based learning, and debriefings for education and competency development of students.
- Engages in ongoing professional development and networking opportunities related to nursing and simulation education expertise.
- Assists with simulation research activities including participation in study implementation and data collection.
- Contributes to and facilitates the maintenance of academic program and simulation center accreditations.
- Various working shifts of 8, 10, or 12 hours and weekends may be required based on program needs.
- Other duties as may be appropriately assigned or required
- Excellent organizational, instructional, and clinical nursing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with a variety of population groups, including students, technical support staff, administrators, faculty and external entities.
- Models professional nursing standards, collaboration, communication, academic excellence, and attendance.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, Master’s degree preferred
- Unrestricted licensure as Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical nursing experience, experience as a preceptor or educator preferred.
- Experience in simulation and clinical skills instruction and debriefing desired.
- Certified provider in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required.
- Certified instructor in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required or within 6 months of hire.
- Certified provider in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required or within 6 months of hire.
- Certified instructor in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required or within 6 months of hire.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) required or within 1 year of hire
- Knowledge of clinical practice, quality improvement, and evidence-based care of multicultural populations.
- Knowledge and experience in patient safety initiatives in the management of clinical populations as required by professional and healthcare regulatory bodies.
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!