The Graphic Designer processes and creates digital and hand-rendered graphic images for output to film, hard copy, multi-image or large format media. The incumbent oversees the printing of produced materials for the School of Nursing and Health Studies. Moreover, this employee maintains the inventory of expandable materials while also monitoring industry trends.
- Assists in the design and development of ads, brochures, posters, signage, and other printed materials for School of Nursing and Health Studies publication and distribution. Works with a wide range of media and uses graphic design software.
- Thinks creatively and develops new design concepts, graphics, and layouts.
- Prepares rough drafts and presents creative ideas.
- Recommends and supplies digital photographic files for publications and websites.
- Converts video to digital format and produces video clips to be used in different publications or presentations.
- Amends final designs for comments and obtains final approval.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- Maintains inventory of all branding and marketing materials.
- Assisting with onsite event set ups as needed.
- Occasional on-site photography.
- May lead the work assignment of student workers and temporaries.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required
Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Skill in Adobe Suite programs such as but not limited to:
Apply online. Position #P00006312
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>