Financial Aid Counselor
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Financial Aid Counselor. The Financial Aid Counselor will award students financial aid, process, and advise students on all aspects of financial aid, with all applicable institutional, state, federal regulations as with the mission and goal of the university.
They will provide high quality administrative services and support for the office, its staff and contacts as well as perform services to support an active, student-oriented campus environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Award students financial aid, process, and advise students on all aspects of financial aid. Counselor is also responsible for the management of the Accounts Receivable with the primary goal of decreasing delinquent accounts receivable and increasing earlier payments. Call students that are missing information or documents to expedite processing. Assist in special projects such as mailings of statements, reports, filling in for other positions during vacations.
- Review completed verification files
- Accept Aid
- Award students
- Update all pertinent loan info in PowerFaids prior to origination
- Adjust loan amounts and dates when returns are required
- Approve information for issuing student credit refunds
- Contact students for missing forms for financial aid
- Contact students that have paid a deposit but have not sent in their ISIR
- Contact students that we have sent a package and we have not heard any response
- Counseling students/parents about financial aid and financing options.
- Answer phone calls concerning financial aid and account balances
- Work closely with Admissions and Registrar to help resolve student issues and concerns
- Assist with front counter as needed
- Recalculations (as needed)
- Fill in for other positions during vacations
- Develop and maintain the A/R list on debts outstanding pertaining to Financial Aid pending
- This team member is part of the Financial Aid Committee that reviews appeals for aid for SAP, PJ, or endowed awards
- Graduated/withdrawn worksheets
- Assist with registration process
- Verify enrollment rosters against our files and revise awards if change of hours during drop/add period.
- Conduct F/A informational meeting as requested
- VA Certifications
- Administer and coordinate scholarship with off campus sources
- Study Abroad Transcript Review after completion of the term
- Senior Salute and Fall Send Off events
- Assist in yearly audit
- Assist in F/A reapplication process
- Letter to all non-renew and non-pre-reg FAFSA students
- Standards of Academic Progress letters to students on probation or termination
Functions As Needed
- Assist with FISAP
- Assist the Director, Executive Director and Assistant Director as requested
- Maintain financial aid files when necessary
- Attend Seminars, conferences, webinars and other training opportunities
- Work flex or extra hours during peak periods
- Assist in any function in relation to the operation of the Student Financial Services Department
- Answer related questions to Entrance and Exit interviews
- Attend Open Houses & Financial Aid Nights
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at [email protected]; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7290.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.