Instructor, Dental Assisting
Instructor, Dental Assisting
$63,000.00 - $91,000.00 Annually
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
5/28/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
This is a full-time, tenure-track instructor position in the School of Health Sciences. Under the direction of the Dean, the teaching assignment for the full-service week will be to teach Dental Assisting courses offered by the department, as well as participate in any other professional responsibilities as identified under 18.2.3 of the faculty agreement. Although this position is initially at the Rancho Cucamonga campus, transfers to the Fontana or Chino campuses may be possible per contract and need.
SCOPE OF ASSIGNMENT
This assignment includes (but is not limited to) the following:
•	Teaching assigned courses in a manner consistent with the department's standards and with the content cited in the approved curriculum guides.
•	Performing professional tasks related to the areas of assignment, particularly in student advisement, curriculum design and evaluation, program review, and other affairs of the department and school.
•	Remain current in the subject matter areas and in the techniques of effective instruction.
•	Participate in department and division meetings and contributing through appropriate committee assignments.
•	Performing other assigned tasks for the benefit of the college, the community, and the profession.
•	Clinical coordination for student placement.
•	Accreditation and licensing board responsibilities.
•	Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for California Community Colleges and CODA (Commission on Dental Accreditation):
•	Any bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and two years of professional experience with Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) and Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) Certificates;OR
•	A dentist licensed to practice in the State of California with occupational experience in the application offourhandeddentistry principals either as a dental assistant or workingwith achairsideassistant;OR
•	A dental hygienist with a bachelor's degree acquiring the "Certified Dental Assistant" credential by the Dental Assisting National Board and obtaining occupational experience in the application of clinicalchairsidedental assisting involvingfourhandeddentistry;AND
•	Shall have been licensed or permitted for a minimum of two years and possess experience in dental assisting subject matter;AND
•	Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic,cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given to those candidates who establish the highest level of professional competency as evidenced by:
•	Possession of a master's degree plus two years of clinical experience directly related to the assignment.
•	Upper division courses in teaching methodology.
•	The equivalent of two years' full-time experience teaching college-level courses within the last five years.
•	Demonstrated effectiveness as a classroom instructor in dental assisting.
•	Knowledge of diverse learning styles and teaching techniques.
•	Demonstrated willingness to work as a team in the instructional area.
•	Expertise with the student populations included in theChaffey College Equity Plan. (Download PDF reader)
•	Recent experience teaching courses in non-traditional formats such as online, hybrid, fast-track, accelerated, etc.
•	Understanding of the philosophy and objective of a community college.
•	Must complete a negative drug screen 10 panel plus ethanol screening result.
•	Ability to secure a validCPR card by date of employment.
•	Approval by the Dental Board of California within one month of hiring.
•	Complete a background test in compliance with clinical agreements.
•	Annual influenza vaccine.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Based upon the minimum and/or desirable qualifications stated in this position announcement, the initial salary placement range is $63,000 (minimum qualifications) to $91,000 (doctorate) (Fall 2018 salary schedule). Placement is based on the regular full-time faculty salary schedule and is dependent upon verification of relevant experience and coursework from a regional or nationally accredited institution of higher learning.
EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS PACKAGE
Health care, dental program, and vision services for employees and eligible dependents; employee life insurance; sick leave; and retirement coverage through the State Teachers' Retirement System (STRS).
Chaffey College recently implemented a new online electronic application system. The new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application package must include an online district employment application, filled out in detail and clearly reflect that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications as set forth in the position announcement. In addition, the following documents must be uploaded and included with the online application submission:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If documents are uploaded that are not required, the application may be disqualified.
•	Cover Letter (State briefly how the applicant meets the qualifications)
•	Professional Reference List (Include names, current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses)
•	Copy of Transcripts (Transcripts must indicate degree earned/conferred - photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Transcripts of all degrees applicable to meeting the minimum qualifications for this position must be included. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts. Official sealed transcripts will be required upon hire.)
Foreign transcripts must be transcribed and evaluated in English by a bona fide evaluation service. Educational requirements must be met on or before the closing date.
Completed application and related materials must be submitted no later than the application deadline indicated at the top of this announcement. Failure to submit all required application materials may result in the applicant not being considered for the position.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant's responsibility. The District reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for a position if it is deemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool.
Applicants should promptly notify the Office of Human Resources of any change of address and/or phone number. All application materials are subject to investigation and verification. False statements will be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
The Selection Process
A screening committee will conduct all minimum qualification appraisals as set forth on the announcement and reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant an interview. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of the time and place of the interview. Interviews are usually held on the Chaffey College campus and are conducted by an Interview Committee. Additional interviews may be required. Reasonable accommodations are provided to persons with disabilities. Should an applicant have a need for an accommodation due to a disability, the applicant should contact the Office of Human Resources. Travel costs related to an interview will be borne by the applicant.
About the College
Established in 1883, Chaffey College is one of California's first colleges. Nestled in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, Chaffey's Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana and Chino campus locations serve students from throughout the Inland Empire. A fully accredited two-year institution by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Chaffey College offers associate degrees and vocational and transfer programs in a wide variety of subjects. Most recently named one of the Top 10 community colleges in the nation by the Aspen Institute; Chaffey College remains committed to its mission of improving the lives of its students, faculty, and staff through education.
Serving throughout the diverse Inland Empire, Chaffey College provides services to the cities of Chino, Chino Hills, Fontana, Montclair, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, and Upland, reaching a population of more than 830,000. The District also recruits from some of the area's top high schools, accepting students from four surrounding districts; Chaffey Joint Union High School, Chino Unified School District, Fontana Unified School District, and the Upland Unified School District.
Whether the goal is to transfer to a four-year institution or enter the workforce better prepared, Chaffey College provides its students with the opportunity to take a variety of applicable courses. From taking lower division and general education classes to learning career-technical skills, the college provides its students with the tools needed to succeed during their time at Chaffey and beyond.
To Apply, visit: