Manager, Human Resources Business Partner Office
The HR Business Partner Manager is responsible for developing and executing HR strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of Kennesaw State University through talent management, performance management, succession planning, change management, training and development and HRIS technology. The HR Business Partner Manager is responsible for the oversight, direction, mentoring, evaluation and performance management of the HRBPs and their respective staff. The HR Business Partner Manager works in partnership with Total Rewards, Employee Data Services, Talent Acquisition and the HR leadership team to provide a high level of service to the institution.
- Works with HR Leadership Team to identify, develop and promote programs that meet strategic business objectives.
- Establish and implement programs that effectively communicate and support the universitys vision and mission.
- Responsible for driving alignment of HRBP group both within the HRBP team and within larger HR leadership teams.
- Responsible for planning, delegating, organizing and directing work of HRBPs, including selection of, training, mentoring, evaluating, and managing performance of HRBPs.
- Functions as part of the HR Leadership team, driving HR Strategy for the HRBP Office.
- Serves as a role model/mentor for HRBP team.
- Uses Project Management methodologies to drive projects to completion, ensuring projects are completed on time and with high quality. Establish project objectives, timelines, resource needs, and deliverables. Communicate to stakeholders on status of projects.
- Ensures HRBPs are developing and coaching HR Generalists.
- Works with Talent Acquisition team and business unit senior managers to assess talent, identify gaps and establish a management succession plan that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the university.
- Works with HRBPs to develop comprehensive strategic retention plans to meet the universitys human capital needs.
- Uses HRIS technology to provide metrics and measurement tools and analysis to aid senior leadership with strategic decision making and operational management.
- Provides strategic leadership and communication tools during organizational change.
- Identifies training needs for HRBPs and Generalists. Directly delivers appropriate solutions, coaching as well as identifying appropriate internal or external sources if necessary.
- Proactively and effectively manage change within the organization.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf for specific policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelors degree in business, HR, or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Human Resources
- Experience as an HR Business Partner, working with executive level professionals
- Hands on experience with HRIS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Strong working knowledge of local, state and federal employment law.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present in front of large groups.
- Strong knowledge of current technical applications including MS Office suite and PeopleSoft, ability to learn new software programs with ease.
- Ability to work with a variety of people, possessing tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Analytic skills and ability to made decisions or recommendations as appropriate within the philosophy of the university system.
- SPHR, PHR or SHRM CP/SPC preferred
- Prior management experience highly desired
- Ability to act in a confidential capacity handling internal and external inquiries with the highest level of integrity, professionalism and fairness in all aspects of job performance
- Experience in evaluating and implementing sophisticated HR related programs and initiatives.
- Experience working with Senior leadership to build consensus around HR strategy and tactics.
- Higher education experience preferable.
- Demonstrated background in organizational leadership management and change management.
- Demonstrated background in change management and communication.
- Demonstrated ability with project management and process improvement.
- Proven ability to attract and retain outstanding talent and assemble and motivate high performance teams.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR core competencies recruiting, benefits, compensation, HRIS technology, training, organizational development and learning and development.