Director of Development
The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry (TUKSoD) is searching for an innovative, motivated and entrepreneurial candidate to join its team as the Director of Development. If you are looking for a career with purpose and one that makes a difference, please join us in supporting healthcare and research initiatives that change the lives of people regionally and around the world! For more than 154 years, TUKSoD has been providing advanced educational in clinical dentistry and dental care for the Philadelphia region. The 7,500 living alumni span the year of graduation from the 1940's to present. The incumbent must be a highly energetic, organized and enthusiastic professional with a track record of building donor relationships, working collaboratively and strategically, adapting to new and challenging situations, and with a strong knowledge of principles, ethics and practices of successful fundraising. The DoD will be responsible to secure gifts that will directly impact students and patients we serve, and will support the faculty and staff in their mission of service. This position will require extensive travel to meet with alumni individually and in groups. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of fundraising and or related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrated success in fundraising.
* Proven ability to raise and close major gifts.
* Demonstrated success with developing and sustaining relationships with key constituents.
* Ability to communicate dental terminology to a lay audience.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills, along with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse constituent population.
* Entrepreneurial and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to exercise creativity and initiative in achieving gift goals.
* Ability to direct staff members and organize multiple projects.
* Ability to articulate the vision and mission of the school / university as well as specific units.
* Strong computer and event planning skills.
* Well organized, creative and able to "think outside the box."
* Ability to travel locally and nationally which may not be accessible by public transportation.
* Flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends as needed.
* Master's degree.
* Previous experience within a dental, medical, or higher education environment.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.