Associate Vice President for Advancement Systems and Technology
The Associate Vice President for Advancement Systems and Technology is the leader of the technology, systems, data analysis, reporting, and gift processing and financial receipting of all gifts and pledges for the Office of Institutional Advancement (IA). The AVP is responsible for understanding and interpreting the business requirements across all programs and teams within IA in order to provide best in class services, information and data The AVP will develop and implement comprehensive strategies for technology, applications, business processes and data management The AVP will lead and support the professional capabilities of the Advancement IT and Gift Accounting and Records Management teams.
This position reports to the Vice President of Campaign Operations & Strategy and is a key member of Institutional Advancement's Senior Management team. This is a highly collaborative position which requires the AVP to work closely across all areas of IA leadership, and maintain a successful working relationship with the Drexel University IT department, Institutional Research and Finance.
- Successful and hands-on experience creating, developing and managing technology information and business process teams that support fundraising, alumni programs, finance operations in higher education and similar in scale and complexity to Drexel University and the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Significant experience and knowledge in working with and creating strategic planning of technology, systems, business processes, reporting, analysis, analytics, data warehouse, and business intelligence.
- Demonstrated experience and success in making and implementing decisions and investments in new and evolving systems and technology to benefit the organization and create new capabilities and improvements to existing operations and systems.
- Ability to recognize, encourage and leverage the expertise and experience of the business leadership, users and information and technology leaders and team members.
- Experience in leading and management of major systems projects and change management that occurs on both the user and supporting services teams.
- Ability and experience in balancing and managing competing priorities for technology, systems and information support from across the organization.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present and represent business and technology perspectives clearly and carefully to leadership, users and the technology and information teams.
- Must possess advanced proficiency in Ellucian ADVANCE and BANNER. Experience with Reeher and iModules preferred.
A Bachelor's degree is required, Master's degree preferred.
The successful candidate will have 10 or more years of leadership roles in Advancement and Philanthropy, Development Services, Technology, Information Management and Reporting, Analytics, particularly in Higher Education and Health Care organizations.
- Design, automate, and customize technological systems, reports and analytic platforms to improve user experience and enhance decision making across Institutional Advancement
- Explore, identify, evaluate, recommend and implement technology and data tools, services and processes and establish best practice capabilities tied to business drivers and needs.
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as DUIT, Institutional Research, Finance, Development, and Engagement as an advisor of technologies that may improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support and lead the teams to develop expertise in the needs, programs and directions of the multiple business areas and to bring their own skills and creative capabilities to their daily work.
- Develop and lead the technology and information management capabilities to support new and ongoing programs and operations for the five major areas of Institutional Advancement and their component programs:
- Establish the goals, objectives and measurements for Advancement Services teams including IT, Reporting, Gift (and comprehensive constituent data) Administration and Records Management
- Supervise and actively manage the Advancement IT and Reporting teams and their work. Communicate progress, needs, and issues to the Vice President.
- Support the university need for reports to outside agencies and groups, such as the 990, FASB, CAE, US News and others.
- Provide leadership and guidance to a Gifts and Records team of fundraising system specialists with responsibility for data entry, reporting, transaction, and philanthropy business support to field programs as well as a help desk for escalations on reporting, custom queries, and business procedures.
- Oversee the progress of biographical projects to ensure data integrity by analyzing bio integrity reports and other data sources.
- Design, Implement and maintain modern data warehouse structures to aide in campaign, Advancement and University reporting using best practices and current technologies.
- Build relationships with resources in Institutional Advancement, DUIT, institutional research, finance and the greater University community. Meet with clients to ensure desired outcomes are being met and create plans to address client's business needs.
- Identify and prioritize client's data and reporting needs and appropriately manage expectations of deliverables.
- Communicate and explain technical information to non-technical audiences in order to obtain understanding and adoption of technical projects.
- Manage the department operating budgets.
Supplemental Posting Information:
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background investigations.