Director of Admissions - Graduate and Professional Admissions
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
The Director of Graduate and Professional Admissions serves to provide leadership, industry expertise and overarching supervision of the recruitment and admissions efforts within the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions. Recruitment efforts are expected to facilitate significant projected growth of the graduate and professional student population. The primary focus of this position is to ensure overall enrollment and revenue goals are met by providing vision and innovation that enhance and support APU's recruitment and admissions efforts.
- Master's Degree Required (or in progress)
- Six to nine years of progressively responsible admissions management/leadership experience and demonstrated success in leading a diverse team of enrollment professionals who consistently meet or exceed institutional enrollment goals. Ten years of higher education leadership experience and demonstrated work experience with adult students highly desirable.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with all levels within a comprehensive institution.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology (including a CRM) to improve efficiency, customer service and inform strategic decisions.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Directs and leads overarching office supervision of the recruitment division as part of the Graduate and Professional Admissions Leadership Team. Stands in for the Senior Director as needed.
- Overseas strategic enrollment and recruitment projects in the office. This includes outreach efforts, communication development and execution, social media activity, recruiting policy and procedures, and annual Competitor Survey development and publication.
- Ensures consistent recruitment office functionality to support the university's graduate and professional enrollment and revenue goals.
- Directs and leads the admissions/recruitment division including hiring, training, coaching, and providing professional development direction.
- As a part of the Graduate/Professional Enrollment Leadership Team, actively seeks solutions for admission focused issues and effectively provides seamless, excellent service for graduate and professional students.
- Partners with marketing leadership to effectively promote programs for enrollment growth.
- Collaborates with all university enrollment arms and faculty governance bodies to successfully implement new programs and growth initiatives.
- Travels to and attends relevant industry related conferences to keep abreast of current enrollment management and recruitment trends.
- Responsible for proactively communicating admissions/recruitment policies and procedures to internal and external constituents.
- Provides accurate and timely data and partners with the Senior Director and other members of the admissions leadership staff in data analysis.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to work independently, present self in a professional manner and reflect the goals and standards of APU.
- Required to work one Saturday commencement event (Winter or Spring) per calendar year.
- Committed to a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values diversity.
- Support, affirm, and sustain the beliefs, values, and mission of the university in all facets of one's role and through the university's daily living expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.