Mobile Health Program Mammographer
Mobile Health Program Mammographer-1801154
At Stony Brook Medicine, a TH Medical Radiographer is a valuable member of our team, who provides clinical services to our patient population.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior patient care and possess outstanding communication skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of a TH Medical Radiographer in the Mobile Health Program may include the following but are not limited to:
Brief Description of Duties:
1. Technical /Clinical Responsibilities
• Position patients, provides immobilization devices, as required, to produce diagnostic imaging
• Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis
• Selects and operates equipment as directed.
• Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards
• Processes exams
• Performs QA to images and facilitate in the delivery of the images and exams PAC’s system for dictation.
• Assist physician in the administration of opaque media when applicable
• Practice sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination
• Responsible for delegating areas of authority in the performance of routine or special procedures.
• May be responsible for specific areas of instruction in the school of technology and ancillary personnel
• Will be required to oversee and instruct students or appropriate hospital personnel established procedures and operation of equipment in accordance with the guideline and teaching objectives of the department.
• In the absence of a supervisor or senior technologist may be designated as acting supervisor.
• Assist in performing first aid.
• Conduct periodic quality control tests
• Participate or conduct research in required specialty.
7. Administrative Responsibilities
• Maintain adequate records as directed
• Maintain order and cleanliness
• Secures and returns supplies
§ Cooperates with all personnel in the proper conduct of the department
§ Rotates within the department and other departments and by shift as required
§ Maintains ethical relationships
§ Adheres to hospital and departmental rules and regulations.
§ May be required to assist in the development of technical factors
§ May assist in the use of a variety of equipment or procedures, not routinely taught
§ Participate in in-service programs
§ Participate in annual recertification training, compliance training, HIPPA training
• Perform other related duties as required
• Maintain licensure, including BLS and AED certification.
Required Qualifications: Graduate of a Diagnostic Radiology Program. New York State Department of Health Licensed in Radiology Technology. Current ARRT and BLS Certification.
Preferred Qualifications: Associates degree and hospital experience. Bilingual in Spanish. One year experience in the field of Radiology is preferred.
Special Notes: Initially, this position will be a temporary 3-year position due to grant funding that could lead to a permanent position pending the approval of the hospital.
Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: TH Medical Radiographer III
Job Field: Radiology
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Radiology Mobile Mammography-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 7AM - 5:30PM (10 Hour Days)Radiology Mobile Mammography-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: May 7, 2018
Posting End Date: Jun 6, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: Commesurate with experience
Salary Grade: SL1