Stewardship Coordinator - DU Advancement
The University of Denver is building an advancement enterprise that mirrors the excellence of our great institution. Advancement efforts at DU have a tremendous impact through our relationships with DU's remarkable students, dedicated donors, inspiring alumni, engaged families, and wonderful friends. DU is committed to building and fostering a culture of deep engagement and philanthropy in support of our institution as we implement the DU IMPACT 2025 vision. As a part of that effort, we are continuing to grow a team of collaborative, curious, results-oriented, and mission-driven advancement professionals who value inclusivity and who possess a deep respect for one another and for our shared profession.
Reporting to the Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship, the Stewardship Coordinator is responsible for managing stewardship of annual gifts to the University of Denver. This includes overseeing the gift acknowledgment process for annual giving, which facilitates the expression of timely, accurate and meaningful gratitude for annual gifts. This key position is also the primary stewardship liaison to the annual giving team within DU Advancement and will assist with annual stewardship giving campaigns, giving societies and special communications. This employee must be able to multi-task and prioritize many competing deadlines and timelines. Attention to detail and accuracy is essential to success in this position.
- Facilitate acknowledgment and correspondence process for annual giving donors.
- Develop partnerships across campus to build cohesive annual giving stewardship practices.
- Partner with the Director and others to ensure that donor correspondence is meaningful, accurate and timely.
- Assist with annual giving societies, including regular donor communications and benefits.
Annual Giving Campaigns
- As liaison to the annual giving team, provide donor relations and stewardship support for annual giving campaigns, including the faculty & staff campaign, student philanthropy, One Day for DU, and crowdfunding initiatives.
- Facilitate stewardship through buckslips, annual gift statements, and other special print materials.
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based advancement functions and campus colleagues to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative advancement practices.
- Model "One DU" leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and organizational skills.
- An understanding and attitude of customer service; ability to be very flexible and adapt to change.
- Must be able to manage time well, particularly while managing competing priorities.
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of a group.
- Willingness to take initiative, keep a positive attitude, and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Adept at problem-solving, critical thinking, and using judgment in situations that that require sensitivity and tact.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1 year of professional administrative experience in an office environment.
- Experience writing professional documents.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working in a non-profit, or similar complex setting.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Monday, May 14, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Wring sample of your choice
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.