Building Operations Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver
Building Operations Coordinator
Position #626728 - Requisition 13518
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Auraria Library has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Building Operations Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
In the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers-CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Jobs in this career family provide professional management of operation, maintenance and renovation of University buildings and equipment. Functions include fire protection; physical plant operations; power systems and utilities management; custodial, skilled trades, grounds and waste management; and materials management including property, mailing, inventory and distribution services.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
The Building Operations Coordinator participates in the design, development, implementation, coordination, support and maintenance of Auraria Library facilities. In addition, this position is responsible for operational planning and analysis related to the Auraria Library, including construction projects.
The Building Operations Coordinator acts as a project manager, serving as liaison between the Auraria Library and Auraria Higher Education Center (AHEC), CU Denver, and external contractors for issues related to facilities and emergency preparedness. This position advises the Library leadership on facility issues and proposes solutions to construction and maintenance problems. This position also serves as the building administrator and is responsible for efficient and effective management of Auraria Library facilities including overseeing and/or implementing facility renovations and new construction, gathering and analyzing data on space allocation and utilization, fulfilling daily maintenance and custodial requests, and overseeing facility access processes.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Condition of Employment: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Note: This is an essential services position. The incumbent is required to respond after hours during emergencies and report to work for regular assigned shifts during emergency campus closures.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- A bachelor's degree in planning, business administration, public administration, facilities management, construction management, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- 2 years of professional level experience in facilities management.
- Master's degree in business administration, public administration, facilities management, construction management or related field.
- Certification in a facilities related trade.
- Emergency management experience.
- Experience working with CU Marketplace system or a similar online purchasing and payment processing system.
- Experience with CU Denver's Web-Space inventory system, Archibus, and/or a similar space inventory software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to develop, interpret and evaluate data. Ability to evaluate policies and exercise good judgment in the application, interpretation, and communication of policies procedures, rules, and guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and complete complex projects with multiple deadlines and schedules.
- Understanding of campus construction and special project process.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with Facilities Services, Emergency Preparedness, and Risk Management.
- Ability to manage and facilitate resolution of conflict between various units.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by May 22, 2018. Those who do not apply by May 22, 2018 may or may not be considered.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: [Keith Teeter at [email protected]]
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30124 - AVC-OARS Library
Posting Date: May 7, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Keith Teeter
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00626728