Administrative Assistant II
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Dental Medicine / Orthodontics
Administrative Assistant II
Position #00218248 - Requisition #12999
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The purpose of this full-time, University Staff (non-classified) front desk position is to greet, direct, and advise all persons entering the Department of Orthodontics through the reception area and inquiries by phone. This position offers information and directs calls and inquiries demonstrating knowledge of practice organization, policies and treatment options to facilitate efficient and professional patient/student/faculty interaction. This position monitors patient scheduling, check in and check out. Directs patient's check in and flow through the clinic. Pages students, staff and faculty and takes messages as necessary. Maintain and retrieves confidential patient records including updating patient information and record keeping of patient and professional correspondence, communications and referral sources. Decides which patient concerns or inquiries need to be passed on to the clinic director, office manager, resident or faculty.
Example of Work Performed:
- Manages all scheduling and confirming of patients for all residents based on teaching and clinic needs.
- Pages staff, faculty or residents and takes messages as appropriate from patients, professionals and vendors.
- Handle incoming and out-going telephone inquiries, offer information and direct calls and inquiries to the appropriate faculty, staff or department.
- Receive and greet patients, sales representatives, providers, staff and visitors in a professional manner.
- Monitor patient check-in, directs patient to appropriate resident.
- Ensures confidential patient paperwork is in proper order.
- Inputs appropriate information into computerized record keeping system.
- Facilitates efficient and professional patient/student/faculty interaction.
- Maintains a record keeping system for all patient records, correspondence and communication.
- Retrieves records via archives or computer for residents, faculty, staff, patients and other professionals.
- Disseminates information regarding records and record keeping appropriately confirming priority of completion and importance of action.
- Completes files and assists with all filing.
- Other duties as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $33,396 - $36,736 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position iseligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Two years of general clerical experience
- College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment may substitute for the general clerical experience on a year for year basis
Condition of Employment:
- Bilingual - English and Fluent Spanish
- Experience working with faculty, staff and students in a higher education environment
- Experience working in a dental or Orthodontic office
COMPETENCIES/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to efficiently organize, multi-task, and prioritize duties and tasks
- ability to quickly establish rapport with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to handle sensitive matters that require discretion and confidentiality.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Ann Shimamoto at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: March 31, 2018 or until 30 applications have been received, whichever occurs first.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20424 - SDM-Orthodontics
Posting Date: Mar 20, 2018
Closing Date: Mar 30, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Ann Shimamoto
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00218248