JOB NO.: 94446-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: SMPH/EMERG MED
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, Health Care, Medical, Social Services, Management/Supervisory
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 94446-AS
Working Title: Lead Accountant
Official Title: SR ACCOUNTANT(R10BN) or ACCOUNTANT(R10DN) or ASSOC ACCOUNTANT(R10FN)
Hiring Department: A534100-MEDICAL SCHOOL/EMERG MED
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 18, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $42,167 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree strongly preferred, in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or closely related field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the principles and practices of professional accounting.
2. Demonstrated working knowledge of microcomputers, word processing, accounting software, database, and spreadsheet applications.
3. Experience providing technical assistance to diverse audience with broad range of accounting backgrounds.
4. Strong, demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
1. Prior experience with combined financial statements using multiple outside data sources preferred.
2. Experience with generating balance sheets and income statements for a budget unit preferred.
3. Specific experience with PeopleSoft, WiSDM, WISPER, HRS, and UW purchasing tools are highly desirable.
4. Knowledge and experience with UW and UW Foundation financial transactions and systems.
License or certificate:
This position will independently function under the general supervision of the Department Emergency Medicine Finance Director. This position analyzes, processes, and audits a variety of complex fiscal transactions connected to a diverse set of funding sources. This requires the understanding, application and monitoring of numerous, and sometimes conflicting, policies and procedures, including those of not only extramural funding agencies and the University of Wisconsin (UW) System but also, University of Wisconsin Health (UWH), and University of Wisconsin Foundation (UWF).
The Department of Emergency Medicine advances the specialty of Emergency Medicine for the direct benefit of the citizens of Wisconsin and beyond by providing optimal and outstanding patient care for individual patients and families, while also recognizing the unique role our emergency department plays in filling the health care needs of our communities. In addition, we educate, mentor, and develop future leaders in Emergency Medicine, whether they devote their efforts to advancing emergency prehospital care, research, public health, or public policy. We are collaborative across disciplines, specialties, health systems, and even countries. We work towards our mission within a professional environment that supports and elevates the individual, while aiming to build a sense of community and purpose.
While this position broadly supports all of the missions of the department including teaching, research, and clinical endeavors, the focus of this position is to support the academic mission of the department, primarily the teaching and research missions. This position works at a high level with the reporting and accounting of all the integrated financial activities of UW Health. This position performs most of the financial activities including transactional and strategic activities for the UW and the UW Foundation within the department. This position responsible for directing and monitoring the work of other financial staff.
The School of Medicine and Public Health has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself but also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
1. A commitment to empathy, flexibility, and customer service.
2. Understanding of change management is desirable.
3. Strong, demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
4. Well-developed analytical and organizational skills.
5. Excellent team building skills.
To see the principal duties of this position, please click on the "Full Position Details" link below.
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button. You will be asked to submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references. Please ensure that the resume and/or cover letter address how you meet the minimum qualifications (required and preferred) for the position.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: May 7 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Jun 4 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time