CYBERSECURITY OPERATIONS EXPERT
JOB NO.: 94454-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 94454-AS
Working Title: Cybersecurity Operations Expert
Official Title: IS SPECIALIST(S45DN)
Hiring Department: A060370-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/SEC/CYBERSECURITY
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 15, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $65,000 Maximum $85,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree in network security, information security, or related field or 5 plus years of experience working in the information technology field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in developing, implementing, and testing security controls for enterprise applications (e.g. PeopleSoft, SAP, SalesForce).
* Experience with writing and executing query or scripting languages.
* At least three years of experience with basic information security practices and controls or relevant formal education or certifications.
* Self-directed in prioritizing tasks and communicating in an efficient and professional manner.
* Experience working collaboratively across distributed teams.
* Can quickly adapt in constantly changing and diverse environment.
* At least one-year experience operating established technical process workflows.
* Advanced analytic and strategic thinking skills.
* CompTIA Security+, (ISC)2 SSCP, or comparable security-related certification such as the relevant technical certification in PeopleSoft Security to be obtained within the probationary period.
License or certificate:
The University of Wisconsin-Madison Office of Cybersecurity provides a variety of IT Security services for UW-Madison and UW-System. These services include Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC), Security Testing and Cyber Defense (TCD), Monitoring and Incident Response, Security Operations, and Security Education, Training, and Awareness (SETA). This position is responsibility for prioritizing and executing the duties in support of the Security Operations domain for enterprise applications. The Security Operations Expert is responsible for working across a distributed community to develop and implement a robust security operations program.
This role is responsible for independently leading the activities of:
* prioritizing and processing access control change requests;
* monitoring, analyzing and reporting on specific application security events;
* auditing user and privilege access;
* testing security controls through application life cycle;
* assisting with analysis and triage of reported issues specific to application security configurations for enterprise applications spanning UW-Madison and UW System;
* establishing, implementing and operating security standards that align with application, system or campus policies.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Online" button to start the application process. To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should outline how your experience meets the required qualifications of the position.
Please Note - DoIT is unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: May 7 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Jun 4 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time