Director of International Recruiting
Responsible for the development of a comprehensive International Recruitment (IR) plan and decision making related to execution of that plan. In collaboration with Assistant Vice Provost and Director of Undergraduate Admissions and Vice Provost, set IR priorities and goals that align with the institution's comprehensive strategic enrollment plan. Implement long-term recruitment plan tracking and adjustments as needed to ensure goal obtainment.
Serve as a key liaison with UTK Center for International Education. Build and strengthen relationships with campus and community partners. Work with academic colleges to establish how to best coordinate and assist the colleges in meeting university admission goals based on admission criteria. Meet with international leaders to establish partnerships and recruitment pipelines. Oversee, evaluate, and manage institutional partner network. Foster relationships with international recruitment agencies, educational advisors, sponsoring organizations, secondary schools, as well as others.
Direct and supervise IR staff focused on recruitment, outreach, and admission of international students. Oversee planning and execution of recruitment events hosted by UTK abroad. Develop and produce a marketing, advertising, and communications flow plan for IR. Responsible for execution and measurement of all aspects of IR, yield efforts, travel and fair coverage. Prepare annual budget request and justification for IR unit.
Bachelor’s degree required. A minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in higher education is required including at least three (3) years of experience in the following areas: international recruitment, marketing, immigration regulations, and international travel. Supervisory experience. Demonstrated experience in relationship building, international territory management, report building/maintenance, and the use of data driven decision making for planning and strategy development. A suitable combination of education and experience may be substituted for minimum qualifications. U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residence status required. Valid U.S. Driving license and Passport required.
- Knowledge of international student immigration regulations.
- Cultural sensitivity and knowledge of common international business practices.
- Must handle confidential information in a discreet manner.
- Proven ability to supervise a team and evaluate the work of others.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate and work with a variety of people of varying backgrounds; ability to counsel students and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to express complex ideas for oral presentations and in written documents.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office proficiency.
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies, processes and procedures.
- Strong analytic and creative abilities.
- Working knowledge of CRM lead/prospect management systems.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a wide variety of job duties based on business value.
Master’s degree preferred. Five (5) or more years of progressively responsible work experience in higher education international recruitment, recruitment and marketing, immigration regulations, and extensive international travel. Proficiency in a foreign language is preferred.