Texas A&M University - Central Tx
Technology Enhanced Learning
Proposed Minimum Salary
We do not accept applications through Indeed. You must apply through the TAMUCT applicant portal site https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TAMUCT_External to be considered.
*Please upload your cover letter and resume when applying. Also include the names and numbers of at least three professional references. The system does allows for more than one document to be uploaded when applying. If having issues you may send to [email protected]
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Instructional Consultant, under direction, works with instructors and graduate teaching assistants to enhance the practice of teaching to improve student learning through teaching, service, and research.
• Designs, creates, delivers, assesses, and documents programs in face-to-face, blended, and online formats. Offers programs individually and in collaboration with faculty to support learning outcomes.
• Leads the Technology-Enhanced Learning Department's efforts to provide effective programming and resources on technology-enhanced pedagogy. Reviews web resources and literature to ascertain usefulness to faculty. Coordinates the creation, support, and implementation of multimedia online resources for faculty. Oversees the maintenance of online resources.
• Consults with individuals and academic units. Collaborates with units working on teaching/learning issues. Review faculty online and blended courses and provides written feedback. Reviews and provides feedback to faculty on course syllabi, faculty teaching materials, student evaluation data, and teaching protfolio narrative drafts.
• Collaborates with the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning (FCTL) on development and delivery of training for online and classroom technologies. Consults on development and enhancement of peer review process and skills.
• Assists faculty in design of the educational component of grant proposals and provides letters of support. Researches, presents, and publishes innovations in faculty training and development and technology integration in the classroom and online.
• Collaborate on appropriate grants related to technology-enhanced learning
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Primary LMS training consultant
• Primary instructional technology training consultant
Education and Experience:
-Master's degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Education or a closely related field.
-Three years of successful experience as an Instructional Designer or Instructional Technologist
-Experience as an Instructional Designer in higher education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
-Demonstrated knowledge of learning theory and pedagogical practices.
-Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
-Customer service skills.
-Oral and written communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Texas A&M University-Central Texas was established in 2009 as a member of The Texas A&M University System, one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation. A&M-Central Texas is an upper-level institution, fully aligned with regional community colleges and offering quality bachelor's and master's degrees with an emphasis on access and affordability.
The student population at A&M-Central Texas is diverse and growing, with more than 2,600 students currently enrolled. To accommodate both full and part-time students, classes are offered on the main campus in Killeen, at off-site locations like Fort Hood and the East Williamson County Higher Education Center in Hutto, as well as fully online. The University serves the Central Texas region with a growing range of academic programs that foster excellence and achievement. For more information about A&M-Central Texas, visit www.tamuct.edu.
Texas A&M University-Central Texas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (254) 519-8610.
- TAMUCT Home Page
- HR Home Page
- Benefits Summary
- Commitment to Diversity
- Employment Opportunities
- Employee Directory
- TAMUCT Mission, Vision and Values