Human Biology Adjunct Instructor
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College, a two-year college located approximately 30 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 30 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore is seeking an adjunct instructor to teach human biology on the Dowagiac campus.
An adjunct instructor is needed to teach Human Biology. This is a hybrid lab course meeting for three hours on Wednesday evenings in the Fall 2018 semester. Instructors prepare their own labs and are expected to be accessible to students.
-Maintain communication with the students throughout the semester.
- Grade assignments and respond to student inquiries.
- Provide timely feedback to students’ questions and concerns.
- Maintain a safe lab environment.
- Become familiar with rules, regulations, administrative practices, guidelines and policies of the College.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Masters Degree or higher in subject matter with previous teaching experience or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the duties of this position.
All applicants must demonstrate the ability to teach effectively using a variety of methods, relate to students and facilitate student learning. Excellent organization and communication skills as well as the demonstrated use of instructional technology are required.
Posting Number 20180507
Job Category Adjunct
Reference Request Details
Accept References Yes
Minimum Requests 3
Maximum Requests 5
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Inside Higher Ed
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- MI Talent
- MCCA Website
- The Ladders
- Indiana Career Connect
- Employee Referral
- SMC Website
- SMC Job Alert Email
- * Do you have a Master's Degree or higher?