Retail Dining Supervisor
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 05-07-2018
The Department of Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality is one of 12 departments within the Division of Student Affairs. It provides the campus community and guests with high-quality, efficient, and innovative event services and dining options in a variety of settings dedicated to accentuating and enhancing the campus experience in a diverse community.
This position is an integral part of our dining operations staff. Led by experienced culinary professionals, we offer staff the opportunity to work in newly-renovated facilities and are committed to using quality ingredients and processes. This position plays an integral role in accomplishing this goal by training and coordinating the work of Snack Bar Attendants and assisting with all aspects of food production and service in our retail venues. Persons in this position have a hand in food production, sanitation, customer service, and cash handling in the Airport Lounge, Business Bistro, Burger King, Cafe at Cardinal Court, Einstein Bros. ® Bagels, McAlister's Deli, Pizza Hut, Jamba Juice, and the U High School Store.
Whether it's to find a place to study, gather with friends, enjoy a bite to eat, or plan a large event, the Department of Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality takes great pride in providing welcoming and inclusive spaces, high-quality food services, and experienced and professional staff who care about making every experience individualized and extraordinary. It is our philosophy to recruit, inspire, and retain talented team members and promote wellness and foster their development. It is our goal to promote a more fully diverse and inclusive campus community.
1. One (1) year of experience in fast-food procedures (such as gained as a snack bar attendant)
2. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
3. A final candidate must complete a post-offer pre-employment physical exam. Employment is contingent on the successful result of the pre-employment physical.
1. Ability to supervise student workers.
2. Ability to maintain simple account records and forms.
3. Able to make accurate and rapid calculations in the transfer of products and in the use of cash registers.
4. Current Illinois Food Service Sanitation Management Certificate.
National franchises often require that individuals working in their restaurants be certified through their management training program. Snack Bar Supervisors must complete any required program within six months of being assigned to a franchise with such requirements.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.