Systems Administrator II
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Systems Administrator II
Enterprise Systems - 7010415
Business & Finance
Cover Letter, Resume
The Systems Administrator II will perform implementation, support server operating systems, and applications for the college. The position will report to Director of Networking and Infrastructure within the Office of Educational Technology.
- Manage day-to-day administration tasks for the Campus servers, both physical and virtual servers.
- Manage day-to-day administration of Linux servers, including web server configuration, user account management, and creating/monitoring automated tasks.
- Manage day-to-day administration of Windows systems supporting applications such as the services required for Office365 integration (ADFS, DirSync).
- Manage the data center and computer host systems including hardware, software and equipment such as air-conditioning system, UPS (uninterrupted power system) and fire protection system.
- Administer Linux and Windows-based enterprise computing systems within both virtual and physical environments.
- Diagnose and resolve complex system problems in all areas under time pressure.
- Perform advanced administration of existing Linux and Windows Servers with a focus on security, reliability, and scalability within a VMware virtual infrastructure.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Develop, document, and improve standard practices for user account management, printing, file shares, and other resources.
- Assist Support Services department with troubleshooting more complex requests.
- Install, modify and maintain systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provide server support related to other software.
- May serve as a resource for Support Service's department regarding software deployment requests using endpoint management solutions such as LANDesk or SCCM.
- Provide administrator support for applications and/or tools utilized by Support Service's department.
- Troubleshoot reports of antivirus, malware and spyware detected on GGC computer or device.
- Document installations parameters and as-build docs, and write end-user documentation.
- Define server policies and procedures.
- Be on-call 24x7 in case of emergency network issues and to handle any outages relating to the server outages.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field. Equivalent combination of education and/or work experience may be considered?
- 5 years managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server
- 5 years managing backup technologies and strategies
- 5 years managing more than 50 Windows Server infrastructures
- 1 year managing project related deployments/rollouts
- 1 year Project Management
- Group Policy design and configuration
- Microsoft server administration and configuration
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues including back bone infrastructure issues
- Ability to work independently and with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Proven problem-solving skills in a multiple-vendor environment
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience administrating Windows environment
- Working knowledge with Backup Solutions; ideally with Comm Vault and Veeam Availability
- Experience with Virtual Environments: VMware, Hyper-V and/or Virt (Red Hat)
- Experience with Web services (IIS, Apache, Tomcat)
- A proven record of completing projects with Active Directory, Server Migrations (P2V & V2V), provision virtual servers
- Technical project planning, change management and documentation skills
- Working knowledge with Server Monitoring Service
- Working knowledge with Blackboard services
- Data Center experience with Disaster Recovery design and implementation
- Experience administering Linux Server systems
- Experience administering, configuring, and deploying Anti-Virus solutions
- Experience with one or more scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash, Python, or Perl
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.