Information Services Librarian
Information Services Librarian (Part-time, 9-month)
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Information Services Librarian is a versatile and imaginative librarian with a strong service orientation and a keen awareness of new technologies whose main responsibilities are to provide reference and instructional services to students and assist in collection development. This is a part-time, 9-month position working nights and weekends.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides reference services (nights and weekends) at a busy Information Services desk.
- May act as library liaison to assigned department(s) for collection development, bibliographic instruction, and other services.
- Keeps up-to-date on library services and works in collaboration with other staff to initiate new services
Essential Job Requirements:
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited school
- Academic library experience preferred
- Proficient with database searching techniques
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to troubleshoot computers, printers, scanners, photocopiers and fax
- Knowledge of LibGuides, and LibChat preferred
- Must be available to work nights and weekends
- Must be able to move about the Library and move books/items on carts.
- Must be able to shift books from cart to shelf.
- Must have visual ability sufficient to read/interpret call numbers and other information on books and documents.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
[email protected] - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.