Sodexo Employment - Dishroom Lead
Dishroom Lead (Sodexo employment at GWC in Williams Bay, WI)
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Dishroom Lead will be an employee of Sodexo at George Williams College in Williams Bay, WI. The Dishroom Lead’s primary objective is to provide a clean and safe kitchen area for our employees. They will wash and clean tableware, pots, pans and cooking equipment. This position will ensure the Dishroom and equipment are clean and organized. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains a customer focus while performing duties.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the cleanliness of dishware.
- Loads, runs and unloads dish machine.
- Keeps the dish machine clean and reports any functional or mechanical problems to the kitchen manager immediately.
- Monitors dish machine water temperature and chemical levels to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
- Washes and stores all tableware and kitchenware.
- Keeps Dishroom clean and organized.
- Completes opening and closing checklists.
- Maintains adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen.
- Bags and hauls kitchen trash to dumpster.
- Handles tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Maintains adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Cleans food preparation and production areas as required.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- May assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 1 or more years related experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors,managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without, corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
[email protected] - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.