The School of Business is currently seeking an Administrative Coordinator to serve as the main contact to the students and faculty of graduate business programs. The incumbent will be responsible for advising students throughout the duration of their academic programs, aiding in the preparation and completion of the bi-annual commencement ceremonies, and effectively communicating with students, faculty, staff and visitors. This role primarily assists students from enrollment through graduation. Duties include coordinating, organizing, and prioritizes work with minimal supervision. The incumbent is expected to be in compliance with FERPA regulation and maintain confidentiality and professionalism. This position reports to the Director of Graduate Business Programs.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with good initiative who will exhibit sound judgment and have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work in a dynamic environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent must work Saturdays during scheduled EMBA classes. Saturday work hours are from 6:45 am to 1:15 pm and workweek consists of Tuesday through Saturday. The weeks that the incumbent does not need to work on Saturday, the workweek consists of Monday through Friday.
• Provide administrative support to the Director for several internal processes involving students and internal/external events.
• Coordinate program events such as orientations and graduations. Responsibilities include the planning and execution of all logistics for orientations (reservations, catering, photography, etc).
• Assist the Assistant Director with gathering and preparing information needed to ensure the success of the graduate business programs. This includes registration and the advising process of graduate students.
• Prepares appropriate academic documentation and as instructed by the Assistant Director (probation letters, verification, admission to candidacy, degree conferral.)
• Assists in maintaining Blackboard administrative sites (i.e., prepare student directory, program announcements and pertinent program information).
• Create reports utilizing CaneLink, university data reporting tools and document management systems that are pertinent to matriculation, student advising, grade tracking, graduation and degree conferral.
• Assist students with academic, administrative and financial questions/concerns.
• Manage and reconcile department expenses and initiates purchase requisitions.
• Work with MBS Budget Office during end of FY budget review.
• Represent department at commencement meetings to ensure accurate dissemination of information to students and guests.
• Act as a back-up receptionist when needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, Workday, CaneLink, Blackboard, OBIEE, 25Live
• Knowledge of routine office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of simple data processing and transmission principles.
• Ability to utilize computerized information systems. .
• Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy and a reasonable rate of speed.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written, and excellent telephone etiquette skills.
Education and Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a senior level business office. University work experience preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities for TBA):
• Prepare and disseminate communications to students for registration, orientation, and graduation functions including but not limited to: graduation congratulatory and deletion letters, and Award of Academic Merit certificates; student orientation and graduation materials to be disseminated at the beginning and end of each program; class schedules for distribution to students each semester; special letter requests such as applications for readmission, candidacy, graduation, and change of address; and other student communications for FTMBA program students as necessary.
• Maintain FTMBA Blackboard site for new and current students.
• Assist in coordination of orientation events for FTMBA program.
• Assist Director with student advising and registration.
• Run query at end of each term and provide Director with listing of students on academic probation.
• Collaborate with our on-line team in disseminating probation letters and preparation of commencement book.
• Collaborate with various departments to resolve student related inquiries and concerns.
• Coordinate special events for graduate business students (Happy Hours/Spring Fling/Fall BBQ)
• Coordinate spring semester graduation events for the MBA and MS programs.
• Prepare Qualtrics surveys as associated with FTMBA graduations.
• Schedule classroom space for FTMBA and Department Master’s courses in 25Live.
• Schedule classroom space for FTMBA and Departmental Master’s reading days and final exams in 25Live and CaneLink.
• Place reserve caps in CaneLink – to ensure only eligible students can enroll in associated classes.
• Monitor expenses of FTMBA program for FY budget review.
• Provide administrative support on International Immersion course trips as assigned.
• Prepare FTMBA student files for graduation clearance – update final student progress sheets with all grades received. Apply online. Position #P10002739
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>