Sr. Secretary (Grant FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Position Title: Sr. Secretary (Grant FT)
Department: Pathway to Success in Healthca
Campus: Boyce Campus
Additional Information: Grant Summary: Health Professions Opportunity: Pathway to Success in Healthcare (PSH) program will provide education and training in three healthcare tracks − Nursing, Emergency Medicine, and Medical Records/Health Information Technology (HIT) - that will pay well and are in high demand throughout the region. These pathways are designed as a career lattice that will allow program participants to enter, exit, and re-enter at each level outlined for each pathway. Students will be able to enter at various entry points, depending on their academic/developmental preparation and qualifications for the program. The PSH Program will enable students to successfully complete each training level by providing them with a package of wraparound services that could address multiple issues— academic, financial, and personal — that can impede students from successfully completing college. CCAC will partner with the Three Rivers Workforce Investment Board (3RWIB), Pennsylvania CareerLink, Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council (GPLC), Garfield Jubilee, Southwest PA Area Health Education Center (AHEC), Angels' Place, and Human Service Center Corporation-Mon Valley Providers, the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), Allegheny Health Network (AHN), and Allegheny County EMS Council and local four-year universities to implement this program.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: SEIU E - $18.38
Job Category: Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Employment Type: Grant Funded Full-Time
Job Slot: G274
Job Open Date: 5/4/2018
Job Close Date: 5/19/2018
General Summary: Performs a variety of administrative secretarial duties for a major campus department or division, which may include preparation of complex correspondence, reports, advertisements and news releases, developing filing systems and other analytical assignments.
Job Specifications: Communicate effectively and follow written and oral instructions. Accurately provide and record information, and compile reports. Failure to meet deadlines could result in rework or delay.
Education and Experience: High school education and coursework in secretarial science plus three years of relevant experience gained through previous job related training or education.
Skill Requirements: Must be able to type 60 WPM and operate office equipment with speed and accuracy, including a personal computer and appropriate software packages. Operate equivalent, fax, copier, Dictaphone, and switchboard as needed. Should possess good communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
Physical Requirements, If Applicable: Must be able to work in a general office environment with the ability to sit for at least 2 hours without interruption. Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and oral instructions.
1. Prepares complex correspondence, reports, advertisements, news releases and other documentation.
2. Develops and maintains complex filing systems for confidential materials.
3. Interfaces with students, faculty, staff and outside agencies to exchange information, provide policy interpretation and provide initial assistance in resolving complaints.
4. Arranges for conferences and special events which include preparing agenda, designing brochures and programs, advertising, overseeing registration and scheduling facilities and resources.
5. Compiles payroll for employees and part-time personnel; prepares and maintains budgetary and other financial information and investigates discrepancies.
6. Compiles data for contracts, audits, government requirements and college-side reports; performs related calculations and verifies work for accuracy and completeness.
7. Takes and distributes minutes of management meetings.
8. Performs other related duties as required or assigned. Secondary Duties (If applicable): May be required to take and transcribe oral dictation. May require shorthand skills of 80 WPM.
Secondary Duties (If applicable): May be required to take and transcribe oral dictation. May require shorthand skills of 80 WPM.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=240