Food, Beverage & Event Staff Coordinator
Food, Beverage & Event Staff Coordinator
Posting Number: 0000692
Reports to: Mendel Center Operations Event Manager
Department: Mendel Center
Full or Part-time: Full Time
Delivers an exceptional customer service experience and food and beverage services for clients and guests. Areas of responsibility include scheduling event staff and support vendors and closely supervising and training MCO event team members. Communicates effectively with event staff, vendors, and management to ensure client satisfaction of the highest standard. Works variable schedules including extended work days, evenings and weekends. Work requires initiative and judgment and involves supervising skilled and unskilled employees, detailed event planning and execution from setup to completion, food service scheduling and coordination, and beverage supply ordering in a high volume event center.
1. Ensures all venues in which MCO events will be held are set up in a timely manner with the correct furniture, equipment and catering stations, as stipulated by clients and Mendel Center Management.
2. Ensures that clients are greeted and briefed in a friendly, professional manner and are supported throughout their event including attention to revised or last minute requirements.
3. Executes events per ‘Event Sheets’ and communicates any revisions or last minute requests to all related parties.
4. Ensures the inventory management and delivery of food and beverage service is carried out to customer and client satisfaction. Checks the quantity and quality of received products and provides inventory and waste controls.
5. Receives and reports feedback from customers and clients and actively makes efforts to address any issues, seeking to identify continuous improvement opportunities wherever possible.
6. Responsible for attracting and hiring servers and bartenders and managing the necessary documentation for all servers, dish machine operators, bartenders and event setup staff.
7. Follows and supervises applicable scheduling controls including timesheet and payroll compliance. Where directed, schedules staff in accordance with College procedures and identifies areas of improved labor cost control.
8. Supervises the work of team members and vendors in the setting up and delivery of food, beverage and event services.
9. Delivers training sessions to MCO team members as directed by MCO management.
10. Oversees cash sales and the handling of money for concessions and cash bar operations.
11. Ensures compliance with health and safety, licensing laws, and other legal regulations and ensures the effective security of MCO and guests.
12. Works with MCO Event Manager and Executive Director to conduct weekly event reviews, prepare monthly and other periodic reports on sales, event profit and loss statements, and support the preparation of other reports that assist with measuring organizational success against established goals and objectives.
13. Attends weekly event planning meetings.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Under the direct supervision of the MCO Event Manager, the Food, Beverage & Event Staff Coordinator is responsible for executing event requirements and food and beverage services ensuring client and guest satisfaction of the highest standard. Provides direct supervision of MCO event team members including servers, bartenders, volunteer groups, technicians, and dish machine operators as required by schedules.
Associate’s degree required; Bachelor degree preferred. Two or more years of experience in a conference/event center or related hospitality industry required. Exceptional communication and supervisory skills are required. Must provide a high level of customer service and have ability to handle multiple details in a fast paced environment. Maintain a positive friendly attitude with a diverse group of team members and clients. Computer experience required. Required to work a variable schedule including extended hours, evenings, and weekends. Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
Salary Range: $38,264
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official College transcripts required upon hire.
Open Date: 05/06/2018
To apply, visit https://lmc.simplehire.com/postings/2950
About Lake Michigan College
Lake Michigan College is a community college in southwest Michigan. We have three campuses --two of which are located ten minutes from our namesake’s breathtaking shoreline.
Like other community colleges, we offer associate degrees, certificates, and even a baccalaureate degree. But what sets us apart from our peers is our seemingly limitless potential and our people - people who care deeply about our region’s future and who are committed to student success and exemplary educational programs, strong alignments with both established and emerging industries, and productive partnerships with the communities we serve.
Faculty and staff at LMC enjoy excellent benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. LMC recently received a Capital Outlay grant from the State of Michigan and a new millage from the southwest Michigan community, so the college’s facilities will be getting innovative, sustainable upgrades in the next few years that will contribute to the comfort, productivity and collaborative environment for all employees.
Living in Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan attracts millions of tourists who come for our beaches, wineries, and nationally acclaimed golf courses. But many who visit, choose to stay for our great schools, low cost of living, and high quality of life.
LMC’s main campus is nestled in a watery and wooded wildlife sanctuary, yet it’s less than a half-day’s drive from major metro areas including Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Indianapolis.