HR Training and Development Coordinator
HR Training and Development Coordinator
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09393
Location: Downtown Center
Address: 722 SW 2nd Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Confidential; Level I; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Minimum $56,475 to range mid-point of $69,180. Placement generally will not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience and internal equity. (Full Range is $56,475 to $81,890)
Job Close Date: For best consideration apply by May 23, 2018
Portland Community College is looking for a Training and Development Coordinator to join our HR Organizational Development team. This is an opportunity for you to help build PCC's capacity as a learning organization, through the development of new programming and the launch of a new, comprehensive Talent Management System. You will work directly to rebuild the structure and alignment needed to maximize access and effectiveness of training and development in our complex and diverse organization. In this role you ultimately will impact the lives of our students, and equitable student success at PCC, through a strong, trained employee base.
We need an HR Training and Development Coordinator with substantial experience in the creation, implementation and evaluation of learning and development programs - including experience coordinating an integrated talent/learning management system, and other current and emerging technology trends in the field. Another important component of the position is web-based learning technology design and development, with experience using eLearning authoring tools and standards such as Adobe Suite (Captivate, Dreamweaver, Flash, Premier), Articulate Storyline/Studio; Proficient in authoring software: Adobe Suite, MS Excel, Camtasia, Captivate, and other emerging technology.
PCC serves nearly 80,000 full-time and part-time students, from all walks of life, in the Portland-metro area. We are committed to a culture which values human diversity and cultural competency for our students, our employees, and our partners. It is important that the HR Training and Development Coordinator brings a strong focus on diversity, equity and inclusion to the role and communications.
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play for PCC, please review the minimum qualifications for this position and apply today.
Here is our Intended Recruitment Timeline
- May 2, 2018: Job Announcement Published
- May 23, 2018: Application Deadline for Best Consideration
- Week of June 4th, 2018: Semi-finalist Interviews
- Week of June 18th, 2018: Finalist On-Site Interviews
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employers Retirement System (PERS) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS. PCC also provides a 2% contribution to a 403(b) account for eligible management personnel. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
14.67 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommends, designs, develops and implements innovative learning and development programs that support the full employment lifecycle, including onboarding, career development, wellness, succession planning, and management and leadership development. Program development and delivery facilitated both on-line and in person.
- Assesses needs, analyzes gaps, researches best practices, and partners with Human Resources colleagues and College management to identify, develop and implement successful and innovative learning and development programs.
- Develops and implements program processes and procedures, maintains records and tracks outcomes.
- Utilizes adult learning theory to provide customized learning opportunities.
- Continually monitors and evaluates effectiveness of programs and makes needed adjustments.
- Coordinates learning and development program activities including forming committees, scheduling, event logistics and vendor relations.
- Coordinates operation and use of the TMS and provides systems support to all users and resolves systems issues and works with vendors as needed
- Develops integrated talent/performance/learning reports, dashboards and portals in support of the learning organization, and ensures TMS data is leveraged within the organization.
- Serves as the data custodian of the TMS, uses technical savvy to provide support to internal and external clients ensuring user experiences are positive and creates resources providing information and services.
- Identifies, develops and offers training in the use of online resources and technologies to support organizational development.
- Maintains technical expertise and knowledge of best practices in online educational trends, changes and developments, and service strategies. Recommends new approaches, modifications or changes that will improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Ensures programs are accessible and coordinates with ADA Coordinator as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to support overall organization and employee development initiatives.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements (Note-experience uses full-time equivalent):
1) Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Education, Educational Leadership, Business or related field
2) Four (4) years of related experience
Important Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Training and development principles, practices, methods, and procedures;
- Adult learning theory and its application;
- Needs assessment methods;
- Design principles and best practices for effective online learning media use and learner engagement;
- Talent Management System coordination including integration issues and vendor relationships, and various learning delivery modalities;
- Graphical interface design and usability standards for online learning products
- Sound instructional design principals and the proper utilization of technology to enhance training delivery;
- Effective practices around change management;
- Research and analysis;
- Program/project management principles and techniques;
- Current and emerging learning technology trends and tools;
- Automated human resource information systems;
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes.
- Speaking in public and presenting information to large and small groups;
- Organization, synthesis and analysis of varied and complex information and problems;
- Talent Management System coordination including troubleshooting and resolving issues;
- Web-based learning technology design and development including eLearning authoring tools and standards such as Adobe Suite (Captivate, Dreamweaver, Flash, Premier), Articulate Storyline/Studio; Proficient in authoring software: Adobe Suite, MS Excel, Camtasia, Captivate, and other emerging technology;
- Leveraging technology in support and delivery of learning content;
- Microsoft Office applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel;
- Creating, running, synthesizing and distributing standard and sophisticated custom reports;
- Exercise of persuasion and influence in complex and sensitive situations within all levels of the organization to effect decisions and outcomes that align with best practices;
- Communicating technical concepts and ideas to non-technical individuals;
- Effective oral and written communication of policies, procedures, legal concepts, etc.;
- Exercise of good judgment in decision-making;
- Development of positive and collegial working relationships;
- Conducting business and operations needs assessments and developing recommendations to meet those needs;
- Planning and organizing work and managing projects;
- Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting.
- Test technology platforms for functionality and technical compatibility with the TMS;
- Communicate to a variety of audiences;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Work independently and as part of a team.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. You will be asked to describe how you meet each of these as a supplemental question response when you apply:
1) Experience effectively coordinating a comprehensive, integrated talent management software system in a large, complex, multi-department organization; in a manner that supports and promotes a diverse, equitable and inclusive learning organization.
2) Demonstrated experience with the full training life-cycle, including:
- Training needs analysis
- Collaboration with subject matter experts
- Creation of customized virtual training (based on unique needs of audiences)
- Training delivery (direct training or support for other trainers)
- Program evaluation, and continuous improvement
- Web-based learning technology design and development using eLearning authoring tools and standards such as Adobe Suite (Captivate, Dreamweaver, Flash, Premier), Articulate Storyline/Studio; Proficient in authoring software: Adobe Suite, MS Excel, Camtasia, Captivate, and other emerging technology
3) Demonstrated knowledge and successful use of current best practices in learning and development technologies and theories; and the ability to comprehend future trends effectively.
4) Experience coordinating career development, employee development and/or faculty development strategies ? including identifying the most effective means to facilitate development.
Communication and Interpersonal
5) Able to demonstrate the positive impact of strong communication, intercultural, interpersonal, and group meeting facilitation skills; showcasing a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
6) Strong customer, stakeholder, and vendor management skills and experience; including the ability to influence and hold people accountable without authority.
7) Experience supporting employees in a unionized environment.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)*
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
4. Responses to Required Questions- Please describe how you meet each of the stated preferred qualifications. You will see instructions for attaching your responses when you apply
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.