Admission Counselor/Assistant Director of Admission
Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 1,800 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
The Admission Department at Wittenberg University is recruiting for a full-time Admission Counselor/Assistant Director of Admission.
The position will primarily matriculate the incoming freshman class from assigned regions which includes traveling to high schools and college fairs; corresponding with students, families, and guidance counselors; interviewing students on and off campus; and reviewing applications. Program coordination responsibilities include development and execution of comprehensive marketing and communication plans. The Admission Counselor/Assistant Director will also serve as admission liaison to cross-divisional departments on campus.
Other essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Manage assigned geographic regions. Research demographics and create plan for recruitment cycle in the regions assigned to recruit diverse and academically prepared students.
- Create the travel schedule and plan for the assigned regions by evaluating current and historic data to identify opportunities for maximizing the development of relations with key audiences.
- Interview prospective students and parents to enhance their understanding of Wittenberg and gauge their level of interest. Assess their collegiate readiness and fit with the University.
- Evaluate applications and credentials for admission. Determine fit and readiness; make final decision on acceptance into the University. Recommend scholarship offer.
- Communicate with students, parents and guidance counselors to enhance interest in Wittenberg. Strive to matriculate the number of students set as the goal for the region.
- Independently and autonomously travel approximately 8 - 10 weeks per year to high schools, college fairs, area interviews and receptions. Promote the University, attract, and develop prospect pool.
- Collaborate with departments across campus including, but not limited to, athletics, student financial services, academic departments, and student affairs.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned such as special projects, programs, developmental activities, etc.
A bachelor's degree, 1- 3 years of relevant work experience, and a valid driver's license are required. Must meet required driver's insurance qualifications found in Wittenberg Motor Pool policies and procedures. Some evening and weekend work is required. Extensive seasonal travel is required. Must be able to stand for up to two hours and lift up to 20 pounds.
We are looking for candidates with demonstrated excellence in writing, oral communication and oral presentations; knowledge of and an enthusiasm for a liberal arts and sciences education; proven ability to organize and follow through on projects; information technology competency; willingness to travel; and evidence of the ability to establish rapport easily with a wide variety of people.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. Please see our notice of nondiscrimination housed on our website.
To apply, please create an account and apply through our online system. As part of the application process, you'll be asked to upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format:
- A cover letter
- Names, address and phone numbers of three professional references
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937-327-7517.