Online Course Developer and Instructor, Quantitative Reasoning
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop Quantitative Reasoning in an online format and deliver online instruction and assessment of student learning. Course to be delivered during the Fall 2018 semester (September 4 through December 18, 2018). Instructor will be required to complete the Quality Matters online professional development program provided through Cape Cod Community College which includes the following modules:
• Teaching Online: An Introduction to Online Delivery (TOL)
• Creating Presence in your Online Course Design
• Evaluating Your Course Design
1. Master's degree in mathematics/statistics OR bachelor's degree in mathematics and a master's degree in statistics, mathematics education, or a mathematics-related field such as physics, engineering, or computer science, AND college-level teaching experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Excellent writing skills.
3. Expertise in teaching mathematics/statistics at the community college level.
4. Experience developing and using modern multimedia (audio, video, podcasts, etc.) to enhance student engagement in active and collaborative learning.
5. Experience using evidence based best-practices in online learning pedagogy (e.g., frequent communication, active learning practices) that supports student success.
6. Experience teaching a diverse student body at a community college or similar environment.
7. Enthusiasm for and interest in excellence for the delivery of online learning.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Professional development in teaching at the community college level.
2. Expertise teaching the necessary content knowledge in mathematics using a popular Learning Management System (i.e. Canvas, Moodle, Blackboard); Moodle training with respect to course organization and optimization will be provided as needed.
COMPENSATION: Compensation for developing this online course is $500/credit hour.
Completion of the Quality Matters online professional development program earns an additional stipend of $250. Compensation for course delivery will be in accordance with the DCE/MCCC Contract (Memorandum of Agreement, Distance Education).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Immediate need; applications to be reviewed upon receipt.