AVP & Chief Facilities Officer
Reporting to the Vice President for Business & Finance/CBO, the Assistant Vice President for Facilities Services will work under broad, administrative direction with responsibility for providing strategic leadership and direction in planning, implementing, improving, and evaluating the Facilities Services Department, which includes Physical Plant, Grounds, Building Maintenance (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing),Business Operations, Environmental Health and Safety, and Facilities Planning, Design and Construction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership, management and supervision of personnel in the Facilities Services Department to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Establish goals and objectives for the Department that support the strategic and tactical objectives identified by the President, VPs, Deans, Directors, and Department Chairs.
- Ensure strong internal controls are in place and followed by all personnel for proper oversight of vendor contracts, purchasing of supplies and management and distribution of inventories.
- Advise the Vice President of all institutional policies and procedures related to the management of the physical resources of the University.
- Provide the University with a well-designed, safe, reliable, and functioning physical learning environment.
- Consult and coordinate with University officials on matters of policy, interdivisional interaction, and capital improvement.
- Direct the development of appropriate procedures and controls to promote the overall communication management of facility services and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction with the delivery of services from the various departments with the Department.
- Develop and maintain, on an ongoing basis, a facility space planning process under the direction of the CBO.
- Develop and maintain, on an ongoing basis, requirements for facility improvements, corrections, upgrades, and new construction and provide leadership in the development of the institutions lists of capital projects and major repair and renovation (MRR) priorities. Coordinates with leadership and consultants to update the University Master Plan and is responsible for developing and meeting annual goals and objectives for the Department.
- Advise leadership and recommends corrective action plans of the University where issues and concerns related to accreditation, certification, and licensure are present.
- Ensure Department follows all federal, state, local laws, safety and other risk management policies in performance of work.
- Proactively identify and implement operating costs and energy savings program. Assure compliance with all applicable regulatory provisions of state, federal, and LEED and other accrediting or certifying bodies.
- Establish budget guidelines and prepare annual operating budget; implement and allocate resources following budget approval.
- Master's degree in engineering, construction or related field
- Ten or more years of related work experience;
- Managerial and supervisory experience
- Budgetary experience.
- Adept at policy and procedure development and implementation;
- Knowledgeable about University, Board of Regents and effective facilities management policies and procedures
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations;
- Ability to effectively manage and work with diverse populations in diverse environments
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Highly developed human relations skills leading to the ability to work well with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong task orientation and high level of energy
- Strategic planning experience
- Budgeting and financial management experience