Library Circulation Assistant (Part-Time)
University of La Verne
Library Circulation Assistant (Part-Time)
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
>>>If you're passionate about these values, join us at University of La Verne!
Under the Head of Collection Management, the incumbent oversees the operation of the
circulation/reserve department at the University of La Verne College of Law Library, ensuring the efficient circulation and maintenance of materials.
Supervises student circulation and stack maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for the circulation of library materials, registering patrons, collecting fees, providing circulation information to patrons, and referring patrons to reference services when appropriate.
- Responsible for weekend supervision of of stack maintenance and re-shelving operations, which include shelving, shelf reading, organizing and overseeing special shifting projects.
- Trains students on LC (Library of Congress) classification and spot checks student shelving assignments.
- Work with students to ensure that errors are not repeated and log students progress.
- Train students on loose leaf filing. Follows through with checking and advising students of errors.
- Responsible for resolving any unusual circumstances, problems and emergencies which arise during hours when no other full time staff members are present.
- AA degree or equivalent.
- Two years full-time library experience, or retail experience with customer service responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Experience in circulation at a public or academic library.
- Experience working with an integrated library system.
- Certificate in Library Technology or equivalent experience.
Location: Ontario CA, College of Law
Special Instructions: Please include names and contact information for three references. At least one reference must relate to your work experience.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation