Assistant Professor, Marketing
Invitation to Apply:
The Cotsakos College of Business, accredited by AACSB invites applications for a full time one-year non tenure track temporary appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or Instructor in the Department of Marketing and Management beginning Fall 2018.
Join an energetic campus community and distinguished business faculty where excellence is reflected in mission, diversity and student success. The Cotsakos College of Business, aims to increase student success with an enhanced focus on technology, globalization, professional enrichment and stakeholder engagement. Guided by the University's 2012-2022 Strategic Plan, the College continuously strives to elevate the quality of its programs and develop new offerings to meet the needs of emerging professional fields of study. The College offers specialized baccalaureate degrees in the functional business disciplines of Accounting, Finance, Financial Planning, Global Business, Marketing, Management, and Professional Sales.
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 11,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 370-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
Opportunities to Contribute: Teaching, Service and Scholarship
- Teach four classes per semester
- Develop course content, objectives and measures
- Provide students with consistent and effective support and guidance
- Contribute to curriculum and program development
- Other teaching duties as assigned, depending on departmental needs
- Serve on department committees as needed
- Participate in the College's Assurance of Learning program
- Develop research stream, collaborations with department and College faculty
- Doctorate or ABD in Marketing or Business Administration with concentration in Marketing.
- ABD considered at initial appointment of Instructor; doctoral degree must be completed within one year of appointment
- Evidence of teaching excellence, and an established record or promise of research and significant achievement in scholarly activity
- Candidates with professional backgrounds, consulting experience, and skills to build industry and business relationships are strongly encouraged to apply
- Preference will be given to candidates with the ability to teach social media marketing and customer analytics in addition to a variety of marketing courses.
- Preference will be given to candidates with validated excellence in teaching evidenced by peer and student evaluations, and exposure to curricular development in online and hybrid formats.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Supports student success
- Collaborates with peers
- Thinks innovatively and creatively
- Freely offers expertise and meaningful feedback
- Enjoys challenge and opportunities to make an impact
- Thrives in a cooperative environment
- Is dedicated to excellence
Invitation to apply:
Please click to Apply for the position.
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
Complete an application
Submit a cover letter and resume
Provide names/contacts of three professional references.
For more information about our programs, we encourage you to visit https://www.wpunj.edu/ccob/programs/
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.