Admissions Management Systems Specialist I
The Admissions Management Systems Specialist assists the Director of Data Management for the School of Professional Advancement (SoPA) with providing systems users with necessary support and guidance to ensure proper and efficient use of and access to the school’s data management platforms, specifically its admissions management system, as well as maintains accuracy and efficiency of all systems information. The position also works closely with the SoPA admissions office to assess their needs and make practical modifications in the admissions management system. SoPA uses Slate (Technolutions) for this function.
The Systems Specialist must be proficient in the use of other key technology systems (i.e., Banner and Salesforce), and have the skills to integrate data functions of these separate systems, which are utilized by the school to support student registration and other academic program initiatives. The Systems Specialist also works collaboratively with external vendors to ensure accuracy and timeliness of special projects.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma/Equivalent and one (1) year business systems software/data management experience, to include experience interpreting and analyzing data and business process needs of integrated functions in administrative business systems.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY: (Note: The following criteria will not be used in screening qualified applicants but may be considered in the final decision-selection process of candidates interviewed.)
- Great organizational and time management skills; ability to manage multiple software application functions, prioritize work assignments and meet established deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively translate data and communicate business process needs between end users and the software systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills; ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external constituents.
- Ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all work performed.
- Experience with specific technology systems, including Slate (Technolutions) and Banner.
- Experience working in higher education, preferably in admissions or records
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.