Director of Admissions
Washington College seeks a dynamic leader to add to its Enrollment Management team as the Director of Admissions.
Reporting to and working closely with the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Director of Admissions, will have responsibility for planning and executing strategies germane to the core work of undergraduate student recruitment and to develop and refine strategies designed to meet the enrollment goals of the College. Leading the admissions recruitment team, and working in collaboration with campus colleagues, the Director is responsible for the implementation, execution and assessment of a goal oriented, mission-driven strategic plan throughout all phases of the new student recruitment, selection, and matriculation process. The top candidates will have the managerial and strategic background necessary to provide exemplary and enthusiastic leadership while delivering on high expectations in a fast-paced environment, providing oversight and direction for all on- and off-campus constituents engaged in the recruitment effort.
Additionally, the Director will:
- be responsible for managing a defined territory for recruitment, outreach and candidate selection
- educate prospective students, families, college counselors and community-based organizations on educational opportunities available to students of high achievement and promise
- serve as a liaison across campus and to professional committees and associations, with particular responsibility to athletics
- have between 7-10 direct reports and have responsibility for the effective management and professional development of the admissions staff
- be a creative thinker, quantitatively inclined, with high energy, a competitive spirit, intellectual curiosity, strong character, discipline, and a commitment to staff development in order to bring best practice, excellence and innovation to this critical role
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible experience in admissions, higher education or a related field
- previous experience supervising professional level staff
- proven commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; demonstrated ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives are a must
- proven experience with data-driven decision-making to inform and measure the most impactful and cost-effective processes to meet the college’s enrollment goals
- the ability to prioritize projects in a high-volume and timeline-driven process
- well-developed oral and written communication skills, including effective public speaking and presentation skills
- the demonstrated ability to take initiative, exercise sound judgement and manage multiple and, sometimes competing, priorities
- a valid driver's license and the ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as required
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references through our online portal here. Washington College will start considering applications immediately and all positions will remain open until filled.
Washington College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse cultural environment and encourages applications from women, minorities, disabled persons and veterans.