SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Florida Polytechnic is looking for a software developer with hands-on experience in various content management platforms utilizing a variety of tools and languages. This role will be responsible for implementing new code, modifying existing layouts, participating in design/implementation discussions, and performing unit level testing. All duties will be under the guidance of the Assistant Director or/and Director of Administrative Computing.
· Utilize the phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) to build new web applications.
· Generate code conforming to the design specifications provided for new project development.
· Modify existing source code to realize change requests and perform research and development (R&D).
· Salesforce development in Apex and Visualforce.
· Locate and correct identified program errors and/or apply bug fixes.
· Execute unit tests on new code and code changes in accordance with specified test plans.
· Clearly and concisely document code additions, code changes, test procedures & results and all other work performed.
· Responsible for creation and functionality of web pages and landing pages.
· Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
· Support cloud based systems such as Workday ERP and Salesforce CRM.
· Expand and maintain the University identity management (IDMS) middleware system.
· Responsive Web Design thorough understanding of principles and current industry practices.
· Provide customer troubleshooting and support as necessary.
· Innovate and advocate new technologies and industry trends or standards
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Self-motivated with an ability to obtain requirements, proactively solve problems and identify new opportunities.
· Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including object oriented design, data-structures, algorithm design, and problem solving and complexity analysis.
· Expert knowledge of modern coding standards and best practices, including ADA web standards.
· CMS platforms, (knowledge in Expressions Engine a plus).
· Writes clean, cross-browser compatible HTML and CSS.
· Experience developing web based application in MVC C# environment.
· Solid understanding of web application security and session management.
- Proficient with CSS preprocessors and modular pattern libraries.
· Familiarity with server-side scripting languages, specifically C# .net.
· Experience working with Team Foundation Server (TFS) or other version control software.
· Experience working with Chrome Developer Tools for debugging and optimization.
· Familiarity with WordPress.
· Ability to independently handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
· Experience interacting with and building RESTFUL APIs and SAP APIs.
· Experience building or designing web applications.
· Experience working with the command line.
· Proficient with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
· Skills in web portal design, use of widgets, social media experience, creation, and maintenance, including rich content and interactive features.
· Proficient in relational database systems, querying, reporting, and analysis tools.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
· Bachelor's Degree in an information technology, quantitative, scientific, or STEM related field.
· Two (2) years of relevant industry experience.
· Three (3) or more years of industry related experience, preferably in web development or design.
· Salesforce development experience.
· Experience in higher education or other governmental agency.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is salary exempt. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $65,000 - $75,000, commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.