Reporting to the Director of Space Management and in collaboration with the Space Management Coordinator and the Space Management CAFM Specialist, the GIS Analyst is responsible for technical configuration, development of applications, and management of the department's GIS related systems. Working with departmental staff and stakeholders (Schools, Colleges, Administrative and Academic Units, Technical Support, etc.) the incumbent will establish and carry out procedures for the collection and maintenance of the University space inventory and GIS data and floor plans, developing statistical analysis and reports for University building usage and property assets, and ensuring the routine archival of systems data. This role requires ongoing interaction and communication with facility managers, the Project Delivery Group, Cost & Property Accounting, Institutional Research, the Office of Research, the Office of the CFO, and other administrative staff throughout the University. As such, this individual must possess excellent communication and interpersonal interaction skills in order to maintain a high level of professionalism within the office of Space Management. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year of directly related experience. Demonstrated experience in ESRI GIS suite of products and Space Management related applications. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Working knowledge of one or more GIS APIs.
* Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in ESRI GIS suite of products,
* Ability to develop script in Python, Java, and SQL.
* Strong customer service orientation and time management skills.
* Familiarity with repetitive processes and working with large data sets.
* Detail oriented with data collection, management, and distribution.
* Assertiveness and ability to resolve issues in various ways.
* Demonstrated verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to train others in a variety of applications or procedures.
* Ability to travel between campuses that may not be easily accessible by public transportation.
* Work collaboratively and effectively with project teams including outside resources.
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless
of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.