Teaching & Learning Specialist
The Teaching & Learning Specialist will provide leadership in teaching and learning, including academic and professional development, and curriculum and learning design, in relation to internationalized education; and alignment of quality standards with practice. Working closely with the various stakeholders across US partnerships, the role will lead curriculum review and redevelopment initiatives, evaluation strategies, innovation projects and capability building to ensure Navitas maintains its position as a leading international education provider and university partner.
Managing Academic Quality and Standards
- Developing and implementing strategies, policies and processes to enhance teaching and learning in Navitas North America;
- Designing and delivering faculty and staff intercultural awareness training, induction, classroom effectiveness and best practices in teaching and learning;
- Designing and implementing quality and standards of academic systems, including the curriculum agenda, development and evaluation of non-credit curricula;
- Assessing and reviewing Teaching and Learning Key Performance Indicators, including those used in the Balance Scorecard Metrics and the analysis of tracer studies conducted by partner universities;
- Working with Executive Directors to embed a comprehensive quality enhancement and assurance regime across all pathway programs, including quality-focused administrative and data management to ensure maximum efficiency.
Building Staff Capability in Internationalized Curriculum and Teaching
- Planning, developing and facilitating professional development activities, both face to face and online;
- Evaluating and reporting on the impact of professional development activities on teaching and student learning;
- Contributing to the development and implementation of a capability development strategy for Navitas teaching staff;
- Establishing collaborative relationships with academic leaders at partner universities in order to position Navitas as a thought-leader in internationalized teaching and learning.
Leading and Coordinating Projects
- Providing oversight, project planning and coordination, monitoring and project communication;
- Evaluating and reporting on project outcomes and impacts;
- Collaborating with key stakeholders in pathway programs and partner universities on curriculum initiatives, providing learning design advice and support;
- Providing leadership, guidance and mentoring to staff in the context of projects in which they are engaged.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Doctorate degree or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of ten years teaching experience in a higher education setting along with evidence of innovative and effective teaching practice with international students;
- Experience with adult learning and development;
- Effective in designing and developing curricula in a higher education setting;
- Effective in designing and facilitating teacher professional development initiatives in a higher education setting;
- Appreciation and skills in change management to achieve an organization’s strategic intent;
- Experience in educational quality assurance processes and policy;
- Substantive experience in project leadership / project management in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrable leadership, problem solving and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to motivate, mentor and challenge staff;
- Evidence of the ability to influence and communicate effectively with senior managers and academics;
- Well-developed organizational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills including high standards in report writing, presentation, and group facilitation skills.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Ability to speak a second language
- Valid passport and ability to travel internationally and domestically
What We Offer
Navitas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and are a values-driven employer.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which may include a Criminal Background and/or a Multi-State Sex Offender Registry review.