Radiology - General
1. Coordinate the maintenance, recording, preparation and reporting of data related to a large department's personnel information; coordinate and maintain the entry of human resource and payroll data and the generation and distribution of related reports and information.
2. Review all Department personnel forms for completeness, accuracy, timing, and conformity to budget and policy guidelines to include faculty appointments; make recommendations and process forms as appropriate; identify and research unbudgeted or potentially inappropriate actions or requests and to Department senior management regarding resolution or disposition.
3. Maintain liaison with HR Hub, departmental business managers, administrative staff, Department senior management, Human Resource representatives and others as necessary to obtain and provide information including but not limited to the staff hiring and onboarding process and reclassifications, as well as, the time card/time off grid approvals. Verify and support personnel and payroll actions and ensure compliance with established Medical Center policies and procedures and departmental management directives regarding Human Resource and payroll activities.
4. Anticipate and identify potential human resource and payroll problems to minimize the financial and operational impact to the Department.
5. Communicate and educate departmental/Duke personnel policies and/or benefit changes. Investigate, document, and resolve unique payroll and human resource problems and issues.
6. Participate in the preparation of annual salary budgets for faculty, staff, house-staff, and bi-weekly employees.
7. Maintain accurate and updated departmental personnel files and ensure all appropriate documentation is included. Manage the annual and ongoing flu shot mandatory requirement.
8. Oversee online performance reviews - midyear and final
9. Perform other related administrative duties and duties incidental to the work described herein.
265 HR SPECIALIST
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of basic communications, research andmathematical principles normally acquired through a high schooleducation.
Work requires the ability to review, maintain, research, and report onhuman resource and payroll information/activities generally acquiredthrough five years of related experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.