Part-time faculty Nursing (Medical/Surgical)
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Part-time faculty Nursing (Medical/Surgical)
Job Description Summary
The Montgomery College, Nursing Program is currently accepting applications for Part-time faculty members teaching Nursing (Medical/Surgical). We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as "TBA" does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clinical instruction is in medical-surgical or specialty nursing based on the needs of the program.
- Clinical rotations are 12 hour days during the weekday.
- The Montgomery College nursing program uses a variety of clinical agencies in Montgomery County, MD, Prince Georges County, MD and Washington, DC.
- Bachelor of science in nursing degree.
- A minimum of two years of clinical experience as a registered nurse.
- A current, unencumbered Maryland and/or DC Registered Nurse license or the ability to obtain a license before hire.
- Bedside nursing experience in a medical-surgical setting within the last two years.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
Additional Requirements at the time of employment:
Requires documentation of immunizations and/or immunity for Measles, Mumps, & Rubella (MMR); Varicella; Tetanus, Diphtheria & Acellular Pertussis (Tdap); and Hepatitis B; annual clearance for tuberculosis; seasonal influenza immunization. Other health requirements may be needed by specific health care agencies for clinical experiences. Documentation required of current healthcare provider level of CPR-BLS. Criminal background clearance and drug/alcohol testing may be required for clinical experiences.
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must:
1. Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
2. Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
Thursday, May 31, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: [email protected]
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
About UsI am proud of the work of Montgomery College. It is a remarkable organization, focused on student excellence, equity, and inclusion. We are intentionally building a college that takes responsibility for equitable outcomes and successful pathways for all of our students.
I am committed to hiring faculty, staff, and employees who embrace this vision-and who reflect the diversity of our college community. Our students come to us from more than 160 countries, joining a student body that reflects a changing America, rich in cultural and geographic difference. We are proud of our diversity and our excellence in academic affairs, student affairs, operations, and community advancement.
I am looking for bold, innovative, and courageous faculty and staff to join the outstanding employees of Montgomery College. Are you uncompromising in your focus on student success? Are you rigorous in your attention to equitable outcomes for all students? Do you embrace data, technology, and innovation? Can you stretch to meet the needs of today's and tomorrow's students?
We are truly a unique college. For 70 years, Montgomery College has been on the leading edge, and we intend to stay there. We believe deeply in the mission of community colleges, and we are committed to empowering our students to change their lives and to enrich the life of the community. We hold ourselves accountable for the results.
If any of this resonates with you, I welcome your consideration of the employment announcement below. Make your move-and I look forward to working with you at Montgomery College.
DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D.
President, Montgomery College
Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus