DIRECTOR OF VOLUNTEER SUPPORT
Duties: The Campaign Strategy and Advancement Services team supports all areas of the University Campaign and services plan. The Campaign and Advancement Services areas also provide services to all Development and Alumni Relations units centrally and across the university, including School and Center Programs.
The Campaign Office serves to plan and manage all aspects of the university campaign, including goal setting, tracking and reporting campaign progress, coordinating internal and external campaign communications, and managing campaign volunteers.
The Director of Volunteer Support is responsible for the development and support of the Campaign Volunteer Engagement Plan. She/he plans and manages all aspects of the planning and execution of Campaign volunteer leadership committees including: the Trustee Development Committee, the Campaign Steering Committee, Campaign Event Host Committees, and others. The Director plans and executes the annual Campaign Leadership Volunteer Summit meeting. The Director also develops strategies and personally supports implementation of campaign volunteer engagement best practices across the University. This position reports to the Senior Director of Campaign Operations and is a permanent member of the AVP, Strategic Planning and Services team.
* Develop and execute strategies to strengthen and advance the University's leadership volunteer committee structure, including the Power of Penn campaign volunteer structure.
* In conjunction with the Senior Director of Campaign Operations, partner with School, Center, and central area leadership to develop and manage volunteer engagement strategies, communications, and activities for Campaign committees across the University.
* Develop and implement a communications strategy to ensure ongoing high level communication between volunteer leaders, Development and Alumni Relations leadership, and University leadership including emails, update briefings, conference calls, and in-person meetings.
* Organize the two-day annual Campaign Steering Committee Summit, and other meetings of this group as needed.
* Manage preparations for quarterly meetings of the Trustee Development Committee, including supporting the development of strategic agendas, briefing materials, and meeting presentations.
* Work closely with Development and Alumni Relations staff across the University to identify, recruit, and manage regional event Host Committees (8+ annually).
* Collaborate with frontline staff to ensure that overall volunteer engagement is well-integrated and provides the most effective processes for cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individuals.
* Create and maintain volunteer support materials/tools, including the Campaign Steering Committee App.
* Prepare presentations and event briefings for leadership volunteers and senior management.
* With support from the Assistant Director, Campaign Operations manage lists and databases related to volunteer groups and events.
Qualifications: BA/BS; five or more years development experience in higher education, preferably working directly with high level volunteers, including boards. Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with internal stakeholders, and represent the University appropriately with external volunteers; including our most senior volunteer leaders. Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent communication skills, both oral and written; capacity to work in goal-oriented environment; occasional travel, valid driver's license required; familiarity with Penn and its constituents helpful.
Reference Number: 90-28719
Salary Grade: 028
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: AVP Development Services and Campaign Initiatives
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration