The University of the State of New York – Regents Research Fund received a grant from the Wallace Foundation to examine how university preparation programs, working in partnership with school districts and other leadership development organizations, improve the training of future principals.
The Regents Research Fund is seeking a Project Director to continue to oversee the administration of this grant. This is a temporary position. The candidate must have extensive experience in project management in the education or higher education field. This position will require some travel. The major activities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Implementing a series of recommendations made by the Principal Preparation Advisory Teams.
- Overseeing and engaging with pilot programs funded by Title II-A.
- Working with stakeholders and SED staff to revise program review regulations.
- Working with SED staff and school district leadership on the system design, oversight and implementation of the Leader Tracking Tool.
- Developing action reports for the Commissioner’s review and presentation to the Board of Regents.
- Examining current recruitment and retention efforts for SBL programs.
- Collecting and analyzing data pertaining to candidate success in SBL preparation programs, passage of certification exams and job placement.
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic planning abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Project management experience
- 6-8+ years of professional experience in related field(s)
- Master’s degree preferred (MBA, JD, MPP, M.Ed.) but candidates with relevant experience and a BS/BA are encouraged to apply
- Ability to work within SED guidelines and expectations
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive benefits plan is included.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to USNYRRF@nysed.gov
Subject line must read: Project Director. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The USNY Regents Research Fund is strongly committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. The Fund will make all employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Apply for Project Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly