Ex. Director for Executive Education & Assistant Prof
- Increase sales and revenue by fostering new and stewarding existing business relationships, working closely with DCB's External Relations team, reaching out to DCB alumi in leadership positions at target organizations, partnering with academic units, and participating in community and corporate activities
- Cultivate partnerships with top executive education associations and executive groups
- Assess the market demand across sectors and, in close partnership with the Office of Communications and Marketing, develop and implement an integrated marketing plan to target local, regional, national, and international prospects
- Establish an aggressive annual sales plan that identifies new clients and cross-selling opportunities and meet annual sales targets
- Track and measure results of various business development strategies and tactics
- Lead the development and execution of a strategic plan that effectively positions DCB Executive Education to meet the needs of a robust and diverse executive education marketplace and anticipates staffing and space requirements as the programs and revenues increase
- Cultivate strong relationships with Daniels faculty across all academic units
- Use market data to define, deliver, and improve programs that will augment the current Executive Education portfolio
Program Management and Evaluation
- Implement continuous improvement processes/systems to review program designs, ensure currency and relevance, and maintain a high-quality, consistent approach across programs
- Develop and conduct annual quality review of Executive Education program portfolio
- Engage with current and prospective clients on a regular basis as to their leadership development needs in order to ensure the program portfolio remains highly relevant and demand-driven
- Conduct evaluations of each program to monitor overall quality levels; share feedback with faculty and staff in a timely manner
Team Leadership and Management
- Recruit, hire, onboard, and support the professional growth of (i.e., coach) the Executive Education team
- Establish performance goals and professional development plans for each employee, and provide progress monitoring, feedback, and coaching on a continuous basis
- Allocate faculty and staff resources to support programming
- Develop program and department budgets, and monitor regularly to ensure profitability
- Provide monthly status reports for Daniels leadership
- Teach courses for professionals within the Executive Education custom and public programs
- Support and coach Daniels and other faculty members from outside the College to ensure a strong and dependable bench of instructors who can deliver high quality programs to a professional/executive audience
- Master's degree in Business or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience running a business operation of $2M+
- Demonstrated experience in sales and/or business development
- Experience teaching in higher education or in equivalent corporate professional development settings
- Experience in a comparable leadership and administrative role in higher education or the corporate sector
- Doctorate in business or related field
- Experience designing and delivering executive education programs to senior executives
- Active participation in professional organizations
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Wednesday, May 16, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- List of three individuals who can serve as reference.
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.