Chief Information Officer
Anderson University’s Center for Innovation invites applications for a full-time position as Chief Information Officer. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
Anderson University has a history as a technological leader amongst comprehensive, liberal arts institutions. Anderson is ranked as the #7 Most Innovative university in its region and has twice been named an Apple Distinguished School. This distinct university seeks a CIO that will provide strategic leadership aligned with the university’s mission and goals and dynamic and forward-looking leadership for a complex portfolio of services. Those services include technical infrastructure, network, user support functions, enterprise systems and application services, telecommunications, and data integrity and security. In addition, the CIO will create a positive and creative environment in which technology professionals provide innovative IT solutions that address the complex needs of the institution.
- Develops strategic initiatives to support and enhance technology at the university
- Proactively anticipates IT challenges and develop solutions
- Develops and manages IT budget
- Supervises IT department personnel
- Assists all administrative departments in the selection and utilization of campus technology, and in budget formulation
- Participates in strategic discussions with university leadership on IT driven/enabled aspects of the academic plan
- Oversees infrastructure and systems planning and integration
- Provides continuous focus on Cybersecurity
- Oversees Database administration
- Administers data management (Warehousing, Integrity, and Security)
- Oversees server system and network specifications and implementation
- Directs and assists IT personnel in their support capacities
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer information systems or a related field; Master's preferred.
- Experience with budgeting and higher education financing, developing business models, facilities planning, and business affairs desirable.
- Experience managing and leading fully compliant, organization-wide information technology systems and operations.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws governing employment matters.
- Effective supervisory capacities to manage administrative, professional and student staff.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills to form productive internal and external collaborations and partnerships.
- Experience in a not-for-profit, Liberal Arts University setting preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all internal and external constituencies of the institution.
- Experience in computer-based fiscal planning and analysis.
- Must possess an open and collaborative style of leadership, which fosters teamwork, open communications, and positive interpersonal relations.
- High levels of energy, creativity, initiative, and innovation.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting, managing, developing, and motivating professional and support staff.
- High competency in all aspects of information technology
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume, contact information for three references and an Anderson University Staff Application to:
Linda Clark, Administrative Assistant – Center for Innovation
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications by email may be sent to email@example.com . Electronic submissions are preferred.
Anderson University does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or religion in its programs and activities. Please direct inquiries to Dr. Beverly Rice McAdams, Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion/Title IX Administrator, Merritt Administration Building, 3rd floor, 316 Boulevard, Anderson, SC, 29621, (864) 231-2126, firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education at email@example.com