Assistant Dean of Students
Assistant Dean of Students
DEPARTMENT: DEAN OF STUDENTS OFFICE
DIVISION: STUDENT AFFAIRS
REPORTS TO: DEAN OF STUDENTS
JOB SUMMARY: Serves as the College’s chief student conduct officer, Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Students, and Director of Greek Life.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Student Conduct System:
- Coordinate and supervise the campus Student Conduct System, including serving as the chief conduct officer.
- Chair all College Conduct Board and Administrative Board hearings.
- Advise Student Conduct Panel hearings.
- Provide training and supervision to all Student Conduct Council members and Informal Resolution meeting officers.
- Monitor compliance with conduct sanctions and conducts probation follow up meetings.
- Responsible for the maintenance and security of all conduct records.
- Generate regular reports on student conduct issues including semester and annual conduct reports and assists the Director of Campus Safety with the College’s annual Clery report.
- Coordinate the annual review and publication of the Roanoke College Student Conduct Code.
- Oversee elections for the Student Conduct Council.
- Title IX:
- Serve as the College’s Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Students.
- Coordinate sexual misconduct awareness training for the student body.
- Assist in the selection and training of Title Investigators and Sexual Misconduct Hearing Panel members.
- Oversee the prompt, fair and impartial investigation of student sexual misconduct allegations.
- Chair student Sexual Misconduct Panel hearings.
- Greek Life:
- Oversee the campus Greek system.
- Advise Inter-Fraternity and Panhellenic Councils.
- Manage new member recruitment.
- Coordinate fraternity and sorority inter-organizational communication.
- Serve as the primary representative of the college’s Greek system to external constituencies (parents, alumni, community leaders, etc.).
- Additional Duties:
- Assist in the supervision of the Administrative Specialist for the Dean of Students Office and DSO student assistants.
- Provide guidance and supervision to the Associate Director and Assistant Directors of Residence Life & Housing with respect to their conduct roles.
- Serve as a member of the College’s Care Team.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Students.
Education & Experience:
- Required - Master’s degree in Student Development, Higher Education or related field (ex. juris doctorate) and a minimum of three years (5 years preferred), professional experience in student conduct, Title IX, and Greek life administration at the higher education level required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and conflict resolution techniques.
- Proven ability to work across organizational divisions and departments to promote institutional goals among faculty, staff and students.
Apply for Assistant Dean of Students
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly